Director of Operations (Remote)
- Posted: over a month ago
Summary of Position
The Director of Operations primary responsibility is oversight of safe, efficient, effective execution for Fortune Green Bay. Responsible for implementing and sustaining a metric driven culture where data is used to monitor performance and drive decisions to optimize operations. Visible, engaged leadership style that empowers leadership and team members for continuous improvement. Fortune Green Bay is part of the Fortune Wisconsin Team with facilities located in Windsor WI, Milwaukee WI, and Deforest WI. The selected leader for Green Bay will be a part of the Leadership team for WI and Fortune International.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in hiring, training, and ongoing coaching of leadership staff to ensure execution.
- Conducts performance reviews on a regular schedule.
- Partners with HR in all employee relation activities including Process Improvement plans, coaching, steps of discipline and termination.
- Available as resource and mentor to leadership and team members.
- Plans, Implements, directs, evaluates, monitors, and forecasts budgets and costs to achieve financial objectives.
- Communicates and explains new directives, policies, procedures to managers; for major changes, meets with entire operations staff to explain changes, answers questions and maintain morale.
- Enables communication flow to ensure Fortune Fish Senior Leaders are updated on pain-points/success stories regarding KPI’s, staffing, performance, maintenance concerns.
- Provides oversite for safety, quality, efficiency expectations and ensures leadership is soliciting team member feedback enabling an empowered, continuous improvement culture for all aspects of the facility.
- Monitor inventory control initiatives on a daily, weekly, and period end cycle.
- Execution of Plant data collection, Key Process Indicators (KPI) reporting and weekly Scorecard participation.
- Sets a high standard for personal and leadership professionalism.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and sustaining the use of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Job Instructions (JI), Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and other tools to ensure the entire team is trained and expectations are clear.
- Responsible for food safety and legality.
- USDA and FDA inspection responsibilities as it relates to warehouse operations.
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean and other process improvement tools is preferred.
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – Power BI experience preferred
- Experience working in production facilities under USDA, FDA and HAACP oversight.
Fortune International, LLC
AddressGreen Bay, WI
BusinessView all jobs at Fortune International, LLC