Language Arts Teacher
Forthright International Incorporat Gotha, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
The successful candidate will teach Middle and High School Language Arts in a Private School Setting
- The efficient day-to-day operation of the classroom
- Complying with internal operational procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Co-operating with team members and management to meet the overall needs of the students.
- Managing the classroom and supervising the proper care of equipment used.
- Assisting in the protection of student and school property.
- Utilizing classroom management techniques conducive to an effective classroom climate.
- Timely documentation of incidents and accidents that occur in their classroom.
- Evaluating student progress on a regular basis.
- Diagnosing and analyzing student progress and programs for the purpose of providing appropriate instruction based on the developmental stages of students.
- Utilizing a variety of instructional techniques to meet the individual needs of students.
- Following the classroom schedule.
- Following the approved classroom curriculum
- Maintaining a professional relationship between school and parents.
- Educating parents on issues relating to their child’s academic progress.
- Maintaining professional contact with parents through parent-teacher conferences, telephone, or written communications.
- Encouraging parental involvement through school activities, connecting home and school.
- Maintaining all records as required, including but not limited to grade books, attendance records and student progress reports.
- Identifying, documenting and referring children suspected of developmental delays
- Participating in personal professional growth and keeping their teaching credentials and teaching skills current.
- Performing other duties and projects as assigned by the school management team.
Teachers must have the ability to participate in tasks that require moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling, and which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (12-20 pounds).
Hours of work may vary, typical schedules are set between the hours of 7:30 am and 5:30 pm Monday thru Friday.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- 2 years teaching experience
- Bachelors degree
- Basic PC skills
- Strong organizational and classroom management skills
All candidates must pass level II background screening