- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Forterra is currently recruiting for a full-time Account Manager for the Kansas City, KS region. Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, this position will be responsible for developing, maintaining and increasing revenue that achieves earnings targets, meets customer goals and expectations. This position also will be responsible for opening new markets and establishing new customer base. Incumbent will ensure clear and ongoing communication with sales, engineering, customer coordinators, operations and production teams so they are aware of awarded projects, new customers, project onboarding and work in progress.
Develop and Maintain Revenue:
- Maintain a detailed understanding of Forterra products, services and benefits to the customers and prospects.
- Identify customers and prospects that fit the customer profile and maintain a "pipeline" to track sales progress.
- Develop and maintain business familiarity with prospects and existing customers.
- Ensure an intimate knowledge of all the sales opportunities from desired and existing customers.
- Construct and propose accurate, timely cost-effective project bids and estimates for jobs in assigned territory.
- Ensure follow-up of proposals to determine award of project.
- Ensure that estimates and proposals are delivered timely and accurately to be prepared for production.
Identify New Sales Opportunities:
- Identify and document new opportunities for products and processes.
- Remain current on municipal, state and federal specifications that can create opportunities in assigned territory for products.
- Implement a process to influence thinking about the use of pre-cast concrete in assigned territory.
- Actively look for opportunities for new uses of pre-cast (vs cast-in-place) concrete in assigned territory.
- Develop professional relationships with elected officials, engineers, bureaucracies, affecting infrastructure construction.
- Ensure Regional Sales Manager has an accurate understanding of all aspects of project bids (profitability, constructability, critical timelines, plant selection and other contingencies) as well as projects awarded or assured of being awarded in a manner that allows the operations team to partner together.
- Partner with Customer Coordinators and the operations group to ensure proper and accurate hand-off of new jobs, proper and accurate documentation of new projects into the on-boarding process, pertinent information that will help provide better designs, higher quality products, higher margins and an overall better customer experience leading to increased sales.
- Accurately and timely report monthly expenses.
- Monitor account receivables status of customer as required to meet company A/R targets.
- Regularly update competitive tracking reports, market share data and win loss data in the database system.
- Maintain account, contact and all pertinent customer information current in the system.
- Provide customer details, revenue forecasts and budgets to management.
- Provide account status updates as prescribed on a weekly basis.
- Performs special projects or assignments as directed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent sales experience.
- Three - five years of experience in an equivalent sales position.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills along with strong presentation, negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and listening skills including the ability to solve problems proactively, and exercise sound judgment.
- Experience opening new markets and establishing new customers.
- Experience in manufacturing, engineering, proven sales and marketing ability.
- A consistent track record of increasing sales revenue.
- Concrete segment experience a plus, consumer goods helpful.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a variety of people and personalities.
- Able to apply effective time management and self-management skills.
- Possess thorough, organized and detail-oriented approach to work.
- Self-motivated, fast learner, shows initiative, willing to seek out information to achieve sales goals.
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet and other database/ERP (Syteline) applications.
- Must have a valid drivers' license and ability to travel
Our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in the future of our employees to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. We offer an excellent compensation package that includes: competitive pay, paid time off, ten paid holidays, 401k plan, medical, health savings account (HSA), flex plan, dental, vision, short and long-term disability and life insurance.
Forterra is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V - Forterra is a Drug Free Workplace.
ForterraWhy Work Here?
Large company with opportunity for growth.
AddressBonner Springs, KS