- Perform all concrete testing on required mix designs (Air, Slump, Temp. Unit Weight, Cylinders, etc…) and are properly documented and reported.
- Record and maintain cylinder break records in accordance to quality control manual and ACPA requirements.
- Inspect raw materials and fresh concrete while batching and after testing to confirm concrete qualities meet the finished product specifications and the Plant Managers expectations.
- Insure proper mix designs are programmed and used for each product type.
- Take corrective action with concrete mix design, production equipment settings or other processes as approved by Plant Manager to ensure finished product will meet specifications.
- Operate and maintain all quality testing equipment according to manuals and as instructed by the Plant Manager.
- Maintain documentation verifying that production and testing equipment has been properly and accurately calibrated in accordance with local standards.
- Perform random inspection and documentation of wire cage fabrication.
- Perform pre-pour and post pour inspections as outlined by the Plant Manager.
- Perform go-no-go inspections on pipe machine and dry cast pipe as outlined by the Plant Manager.
- Perform 3 edge-bearing tests and product dimensional inspections per ACPA requirements.
- Perform random inspection of loads leaving plant to meet accuracy and quality criteria.
- Hold monthly quality control training meetings and maintain personnel training records.
- Work closely with Batch Plant Operator, Lead Men and crews.
Why Work Here?Forterra is a leading manufacturer of pipe and products in the U.S. and Eastern Canada for a variety of water-related infrastructure applications, including water transmission, distribution and drainage. The company generated pro forma net sales of $1.5 billion in 2019. Based in Irving, Texas, Forterra employs more than 5,000 people and operates more than 85 facilities, with products available throughout the U.S. and Eastern Canada.
Rapidly growing, leading edge products, opportunity for growth.