Forterra Oceanside, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
Forterra Building Products is seeking a Purchasing Associate/Buyer for its Oceanside location.
Forterra is a leading manufacturer of pipe and products in the U.S. and Eastern Canada for a variety of water-related infrastructure applications, including water transmission, distribution and drainage. The company generated pro forma net sales of $1.7 billion in 2020. Based in Irving, Texas, Forterra employs more than 5000 people and operates more than 85 facilities, with products available throughout the U.S. and Eastern Canada
Position Summary: Responsible for receiving/processing purchase requests, converting those requests into purchase orders, communicating and placing PO with supplier, follow-up and expediting of purchase orders, and completing any necessary documentation.
Essential functions include:
- Independently negotiate best possible vendor terms, pricing, and delivery based on specific budget and schedule requirements.
- Identify and contact potential suppliers while building and maintaining relationships with reliable vendors.
- Prepare and submit detailed reports (i.e. revenues, buying expenditures, etc.) as requested by management
- Review vendor products and cross reference products on a daily basis.
- Research new vendors and products to ensure that we carry the product lines to best serve the needs of our customers.
- Work closely with sales to accommodate customer preferences and needs.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned.
- Negotiating prices and schedules with suppliers according to company purchasing policies and procedures.
Qualified candidates should possess the following:
- Able to work independently with strong self-management and professionalism.
- Able to complete work within assigned deadlines.
- Good mathematical skills
- Works as an effective and proactive team player; understands the importance of supporting our customers and team.
- Communicates clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to be flexible and productive in an environment with regular interruptions.
- Strong organization, prioritization, and proactive problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated success in balancing multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and database systems.
- Demonstrated pattern of positive attitude, strong work ethic and dedication.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. We offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels.
Forterra is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V
Your salary will be commensurate with your work experience and relevant skills.
No Search Firms please.
ForterraWhy Work Here?
Rapidly growing, leading edge products, opportunity for growth.
Forterra is a leading manufacturer of pipe and products in the U.S. and Eastern Canada for a variety of water-related infrastructure applications, including water transmission, distribution and drainage. The company generated pro forma net sales of $1.5 billion in 2019. Based in Irving, Texas, Forterra employs more than 5,000 people and operates more than 85 facilities, with products available throughout the U.S. and Eastern Canada.