Forterra Portland, ME
- Posted: over a month ago
Bio Clean, a Forterra Company, an industry leader in stormwater solutions with thousands of installations nationwide, is seeking a full-time Operations Manager for the Eastern/Central Region of the US (Virginia, Maine, Florida or Ohio). This position will oversee post order procurement and production activities for the Eastern Region. Responsibilities will include order fulfillment, submittal coordination, product procurement, vendor relations, shipping, job site deliveries, installation and activation. The Operations Manager shall work closely with members of the Bio Clean sales, engineering and finance teams. They will also work closely with specifying engineers, general contractors to make sure their needs are clearly identified, understood and satisfied. Incumbent complies with all safety regulations and adhere to company OSHA safety guidelines at all times.
Forterra is a leading manufacturer of pipe and products in the U.S. and Eastern Canada for a variety of water-related infrastructure applications, including water transmission, distribution and drainage. The company generated pro forma net sales of $1.3 billion in 2018. Based in Irving, Texas, Forterra employs more than 5500 people and operates more than 85 facilities, with products available throughout the U.S. and Eastern Canada.
- Actively support and adhere to the company's health & safety, quality and environmental compliance programs. Promote a safe work environment for all staff, vendors and customers.
- Work closely with specifying engineers, general contractors and owners to make sure their needs, and the project needs, are clearly identified, understood and satisfied.
- Review customer purchase orders and contract terms.
- Liaise with the engineering department to ensure the timely completion and approval of technical submittals.
- Solicit and evaluate competitive supply chain partner bids to ensure quality and cost-effective production of the Company's products.
- Consistently work to reduce production costs and exceed estimated project margins.
- Negotiate favorable freight rates with brokers and shipping companies.
- Issue purchase orders to supply chain partners and shipping companies.
- Maintain and track product inventories to ensure proper record keeping and cost containment.
- Maintain current, complete, and accurate records within Bio Cleans CRM and Oracle Accounting software.
- Review CRM dashboards and report on a regular basis and assess progress against monthly plan goals and budgetary targets.
- Provide timely and regular project updates for the sales, operation and finance teams.
- Work with the finance team to issue invoices to customer in a timely manner.
- Review vendor invoices for accuracy and approve for payment.
- Diligently work to avoid post project completion costs and contractor back charges.
- Provide leadership by creating and maintaining a positive work environment. These responsibilities will be carried out in accordance with Forterra's policies, procedures, regulations and applicable federal and state laws. Actions includes employment decisions, performance management, training, safety, onboarding, compliance, annual objective setting, employee development, planning, assigning and directing work, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Preform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Five plus years relevant experience in similar industry (civil engineering, contracting, stormwater design, construction).
- Effective and proven leadership skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and ability to present oneself and communicate in a professional, positive, and courteous manner with managing internal and external relationships.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Sound understanding of purchasing, production, inventory and quality control.
- Ability to understand specifications and technical drawings.
- Enthusiasm, energy, and passion for the business and achieving our goals.
- Excellent analytical skills. Technical aptitude to understand the industry, products and customers.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple demands and shifting priorities.
- Ability to build and maintain strong team relationships.
- Ability to share thoughts professionally, accept new ideas and get the job done in a highly interactive process.
- Adaptable to change. Embraces change as an opportunity to improve.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and database management software (Quickbase). Familiar with working and reporting within CRM environment.
- Ability to manage several projects at once as they progress from concept to completion.
- Self-motivated, fast learner, shows initiative, willing to seek out information to achieve goals.
- Able to apply effective time management and self-management skills.
- Possess thorough, organized and detail-oriented approach to work.
- Must have a valid drivers' license and ability to travel 50 percent of the time.
Please submit a cover letter and resume along with salary requirements.
Our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in the future of our employees to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. We offer an excellent compensation package that includes: competitive pay, vacation, ten paid holidays, 401k plan with 4% contribution, medical, health saving account (HSA), flex plan, dental, vision, short and long-term disability and life insurance.
Forterra is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V - Forterra is a Drug Free Workplace.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
BusinessView all jobs at Forterra