Forte Specialty Contractors Las Vegas, NV
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Rapidly expanding development company in California and Las Vegas, NV is inviting interest in a Purchasing Buyer to take part in creating our next generation of luxury residential developments and commercial projects. We are looking for a highly motivated and seasoned Purchasing Buyer who easily assimilates in a fast-paced environment and is passionate about growth to join our team. Previous experience in construction is required. Benefits include paid Medical, Dental, and Vision, Flexible Savings Accounts, Voluntary Benefits, PTO, and a healthy culture and a future of growth!
The Purchasing Buyer reports to the Chief Operating Officer and is responsible for managing and leading all purchasing initiatives to develop and maintain cost effective construction estimates and supporting budgets. This position sources, negotiates, and contracts with material and labor suppliers to ensure that materials ordered are within budget and on schedule.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in contracting and negotiating pricing of building materials, furniture, fixtures, and equipment. Experience in the residential building sector is a ++
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction and purchasing process.
- Computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel, and aptitude to learn new software programs.
- Excellent project, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively through complex problems and manage multiple requirements on multiple projects. Inquisitive, detail-oriented with strong quantitative analytical skills and an innovative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent professional verbal and written skills, with comfort presenting to groups. Additional languages a plus.
- Integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and in dealing with professionals inside and outside the company.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding clients and staff.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any licensing or active work cards required, at present or in the future, for this position at all times.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Ability to pass drug test.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of purchasing for all projects by determining accurate standard specifications for each trade. Ensure that all trades are under trade contractor agreement. Develop relationships with trades committed to reducing costs and increasing quality. Analyze trade and material proposals and negotiate all contracts to meet or exceed operating gross margins.
- Implement and adhere to operating procedure for all purchasing and ensure compliance and integrity company-wide. Meet overall objectives for purchasing and ensure alignment and compliance with the general purchasing strategy.
- Coordinate information with Director of Interior Design, Project Managers, and leadership team to ensure like - item assurance and consistent practices are being utilized throughout the company.
- Stay current on innovative products, construction techniques, and trends affecting the construction industry.
- Understand and communicate product specifications, shipping requirements, time frames and applicable company policies and practices to vendors. Assure compliance of the same.
- Mediate minor contract or purchasing disputes between company and suppliers to ensure timely delivery and payment of goods and services.
- Determine the financial health of trade partners, notify others of potential problems.
- Liaises with accounting, operations, and leadership team to ensure alignment of activities and objectives.
- Perform other duties as required to ensure that projects are completed within company standards and to clients’ satisfaction.
What are we looking for?
A forward-thinking and highly organized professional with 5+ years recent experience in a planning and construction purchasing role.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, resourceful, highly organized, and efficient, prudent, a self-starter, works well in high pressure situations in a team or individual setting, and is comfortable multi-tasking while prioritizing demands.
An interpersonal communicator and networker who will positively influence our partners to communicate effectively at all levels and who can share relevant information in a clear, professional, and concise manner.
A collaborative team player and highly organized teammate who can build positive relationships and trust with clients, colleagues, and external business partners.
Someone who maintains a professional departmental, company and community reputation.
Results-oriented and strong project administrative experience with the ability to handle details from conception to completion, ensuring project objectives are successfully delivered on or before deadline dates.
Benefits include paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for employee, Health Savings Account option available, Voluntary Benefits, Paid Time Off, 401K + 4% match, discretionary profit sharing, a healthy culture, and a future of growth!
Candidate will be a W2 employee working full time with a competitive salary, great hours and friendly coworkers.
The company sponsors a 401K plan through ADP with a match of 100% of an eligible employee’s contributions up to 4% after the first year of employment.
The company pays 100% of the insurance premiums for eligible employees for health, dental, life, and vision coverage effective 60 days after the 1st of the month from employee’s start date. The company provides an RSI debit card with the HMO option that you use toward your deductible and office visits. You will also have the option to enroll in a health savings account with the PPO option that allows you to contribute pre-taxed wages to pay for eligible medical expenses.
Work-life balance is very important to Forte. We offer incremental Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays.
Forté provides complete construction services for projects ranging from restaurants and nightclubs to museum exhibits and themed, experiential venues. Forté Specialty Contractors assembles talented teams not just to build spaces and structures, but to create entire experiences. Unlike most in the field, we take ownership of the entire process, which assures owners a project delivered with unsurpassed integrity of design, commitment to quality and stewardship of budget.
Forte Specialty ContractorsWhy Work Here?
Great benefits, amazing leadership, a healthy culture, and a future of growth!
Rapidly expanding construction and development company with business activity in Las Vegas and California. Among the key areas of growth is luxury residential and commercial construction, renovation, and development. Forté provides complete construction services for projects ranging from restaurants and nightclubs to museum exhibits and themed, experiential venues. Forté Specialty Contractors assembles talented teams not just to build spaces and structures, but to create entire experiences. Unlike most in the field, we take ownership of the entire process, which assures owners a project delivered with unsurpassed integrity of design, commitment to quality and stewardship of budget.
AddressLas Vegas, NV