We are seeking a full time Medical Assistant to assist our Providers in care of patients by preparing for office appointments, rooming patients, responding to patient questions, carrying out provider orders, documenting care provided, and completing necessary practice support paperwork to deliver superior patient care. Prior medical office experience and EMR (Webchart experience) preferred. We provide competitive compensation and generous employee benefit plans.
Hours: M-F, 8am-4:30pm
Office Location: 2510 E Dupont Road, Fort Wayne, IN
- Escort patients to examination area; prepare patients for examinations and procedures.
- Provide all initial and interim examination of patients in order to obtain health histories, vital signs, and statistics. Document pertinent information in EMR.
- Perform routine and special treatments, tests, and procedures as directed by provider. Assist provider as appropriate/necessary.
- Communicate patient status and needs to the provider or other members to the health-care team.
- Communicate provider's instructions to patients, counsel patients concerning their condition and treatment plan or medication/prescription.
- Receive patient inquires and provide appropriate response. Handle emergencies correctly and confidently.
- Prefer 2 years of previous experience in medical office setting
- Medical Assistant Certification a plus
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills