Assist with integrated small ruminant production systems research involving animal stress physiology, behavior, meat quality, and food safety. Assist with live animal experiments, blood and meat sample collection, and lab analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take care of research animals.
- Assist in blood sampling.
- Assist in meat processing and sampling.
- Assist in lab analysis of blood, muscle/meat, and rumen samples.
- Conduct literature search on assigned topics.
- Assist with data processing and analysis.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- BS in Animal Science, Veterinary Science, or a related area.
- MS in Animal Science preferred.
- Basic knowledge of animal behavior, physiology, meat science, and microbiology.
- Knowledge of RNA extraction and data analysis from RNA-Seq procedures.
- Prior experience working with small ruminants.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Evening/weekend work may be required as dictated by experiments.
- Working outdoors required on regular basis.
- Working in meat processing room at cooler temperature required on regular basis.
Standing or sitting for extended periods of time and performing repetitive tasks required as dictated by experiments.
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the incumbent will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the position.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Fort Valley State UniversityFort Valley, GA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.