Postdoctoral Researcher in Animal Science/Reproductive Physiology
- Perform experiments using advanced reproductive techniques and develop new methods/applications.
- Have the primary responsibility for preparing reports, data analysis, writing scientific publications.
- Train, and mentor undergraduate and graduate students.
- Present the results at national and international scientific meetings.
- Participate in writing grant applications to major funding agencies.
- Participate in workshops and farmer training and other extension activities.
- PhD in relevant scientific area including Animal Science, Veterinary Medical Sciences, Reproductive Physiology, or a related field.
- Knowledge and extensive hand on experience on semen collection, evaluation, semen cryopreservation in small ruminants and cattle.
- Experience with microscopes and computer assisted sperm analyzer (CASA) system. Experience with IVF procedures
- Experience with immunocytochemistry and basic molecular biology techniques Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently but also a team player.
- A strong work ethic and a commitment to becoming an independent scientist with critical thinking skills.
- Publication records with 2 peer-reviewed publications as a first author in the field of sperm biology in small ruminants.
Desired or Preferred Experience:
Animal handling, animal feeding, collecting blood from sheep and goats, plasma separation from the blood, ELISA, pregnancy diagnosis in cattle by rectal palpation and ultrasonography, reproductive management (estrous synchronization) in sheep, goat, and cattle, artificial insemination in small ruminants and cattle, fluorescence microscope, DNA and RNA isolation, flowcytometry, western blots, oocyte collection, maturation, and IVF procedures and data analysis.
This position is initially for two years and will be renewed annually based on performance. The postdoctoral researcher's salary will be based on experience and qualifications according to FVSU policy and this position is eligible for university benefits.
Applicants must include a cover letter that summarizes relevant experience and specific reasons for interest in the position, along with a CV that includes contact information for three references (name, position, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address).
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Fort Valley State UniversityFort Valley, GA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.