- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
FMBC is seeking a full-time Broadcast Engineer who would like to advance their broadcast career and help maintain our broadcast equipment and facilities in beautiful SWFLA. This position requires a knowledge of station operations and technical layout. Our ideal candidate must first be a team player, be able to communicate effectively, be computer literate, and be willing to learn as well as share their knowledge with others. This position requires competent knowledge of broadcast signal flow with the ability to work with others to quickly identify key points of failure, and repair systems with minimal system down time.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support all engineering aspects of the technical facility including studio support, editing systems, field production support equipment.
- Have knowledge regarding equipment, technology, and systems and be able to step in an assist in emergency situations.
- Strong understanding and ability to work with IT/cellular systems, servers, and devices, and actively pursue emerging technology in these areas.
- Performs regular maintenance tasks including repairs, equipment installation and replacement, building systems, and other projects as needed.
- Maintains and performs troubleshooting on Broadcast and IT Hardware and software systems and equipment as needed.
- Having a working knowledge of the latest operating systems software, including server and desktop operating systems is a plus.
- Be available to work during severe weather, breaking news situations, and provide on call services.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- FMBC is a smoke-free workplace.
- Strongly prefer previous working experience in engineering.
- 2 - 3 years of professional or broadcast experience.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to operate in high pressure situations.
- Knowledge of professional video and audio equipment and techniques.
- Professional, communicative, highly self-motivated, detail oriented, and focused individual traits
- An associate degree in engineering or broadcast related field is preferred.
- Ability to work under potentially high-stress situations
- Physical Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Fort Myers Broadcast Center
AddressFort Myers, FL
Arts and Entertainment
Get fresh Senior Broadcast Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.