Automotive Mechanic / Diesel Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
- $90,000 to $120,000 Yearly
LEVEL 2 & LEVEL 3 AUTOMOTIVE MECHANICS & DIESEL TECHNICIANS WANTED
$90,000 - $120,000 a year based on Certifications & Dealership Experience
FORT COLLINS DODGE CHRYSLER JEEP RAM & FLEET – FORT COLLINS, COLORADO
Fort Collins Dodge Chrysler Jeep and our Truck and Fleet Center has immediate openings for experienced Mechanics and Diesel Technicians. These are full time positions and are available now for highly qualified applicants.
We are a local, family-owned and operated dealership with three facilities, all located within Fort Collins. We have a huge market area spanning Wyoming to Longmont, CO and east beyond Greeley, CO. There is no shortage of vehicles requiring service and we offer the most competitive pay plan in Northern Colorado.
Our technicians have the responsibility of understanding and completing perplex work necessary for the repair and service of a customer’s vehicle. Candidates will have a passion for automotive and be extremely familiar in a particular manufacturer line (RAM, Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, ProMaster vans) and have received all manufacturer certifications including, but not limited to engine mechanical, engine control systems, hydraulic brakes and electrical systems, suspension, heating and air conditioning, instruments, and gauges.
- Perform work as outlined on repair orders with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards
- Effective communications skills in communicating frequently with Service Advisors regarding repairs needed and when additional work is required of if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time
- Examine assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended
- Conduct accurate use of our multi-point inspection form on each vehicle
- Document all work performed and recommended on assigned repair orders
- Conduct road test to determine work needed and to confirm work was successfully completed when necessary and practical
- Ability to achieve targeted goals by completing the work, notations, and time-keeping necessary to the successful completion of warranty repair orders and the filing of warranty claims
- Participate in the training and developing of novice team members/technicians in the shop and assist fellow technicians with vehicle diagnosis
- Understand and complete required training for compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-To-Know, ret.
- Manufacturer certifications heavily preferred
- Automotive Technical or Trade School Degree is preferred
- Must be willing to work a minimum of 45-50 hours per week
- Must have the basic tools required to service our line of products
- National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certifications in different specialized areas such as brakes, electronic systems, and engine performance preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Insurance: medical, vision, dental, accident, critical illness and hospital indemnity plans
- Health Savings and Flex-Spending Accounts (tax-free)
- Short-term and Long-term disability plans
- Life Insurance (Whole Life and Term)
- 401k participation
- Bi-Monthly Pay
- Paid Holidays & Paid Time Off
- Paid Training
Fort Collins Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
AddressFort Collins, CO
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?