The Director of Workforce Development will fully support the vision, mission and goals of Forsyth County Schools’ career and technical education plan, the strategic direction of Workforce Forsyth 2.0 and Career Path Partners and the core activities and implementation goals of Forward Forsyth. They will develop a strong working knowledge of the business environment in Forsyth County and the Metro Atlanta region to facilitate partnerships that provide opportunities for Forsyth County students.
1. Use business retention and expansion (BRE) visitation data to identify the key skills and training needs of local businesses; Explore incorporating additional entrepreneurship and business-related coursework into Forsyth County Schools’ academic programming; Explore expansion of Forsyth County Schools’ STEM-focused programs at all grade levels, including the adoption of new curriculum and training programs to match future workforce needs; Emphasize the importance of partnerships between the region’s higher education institutions and employers to ensure education and training programs are meeting the needs of target industries and building a pipeline of talent to fuel future business growth; Form an education task force to help gauge what courses and curriculum need to be offered and expand partnerships between the Forsyth County Schools System, Lanier Technical College and the University of North Georgia.
2. Assist in the recruitment of Internship Forsyth and Mentorship Forsyth Community placements for students; Coordinate networking opportunities for students to engage with employers and post-secondary education institutions; Connect Forsyth County students with local business and industry leaders; Support internship programs between Forsyth County employers, Forsyth County Schools, Lanier Technical College and the University of North Georgia.
3. Connect and align the demands of Forsyth County’s workforce with the academic programs of Lanier Technical College and the University of North Georgia; Assess the demand for cyber course offerings in Forsyth County and explore the possibility of relocating the Center for Cyber Operations and related programming to UNG’s Cumming Campus; Support efforts to designate UNG’s Cumming Campus as a branch of the University of North Georgia’s Center for Entrepreneurship; Encourage UNG to offer more technology-related programming and activities.
4. Represent Forward Forsyth in community groups, businesses, agencies and meetings to promote partnerships in Forsyth County Schools’ programming; Serve on career and technical education advisory committees.
5. Perform other functions as assigned; participate in special projects.
- EDUCATION – Two-year post-secondary degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
o Exceptional written and oral business communication skills
o Strong organization, time management, multi-tasking skills
o Strong public speaking skills in front of varied audiences
o Ability to use various software packages including but not limited to Salesforce
o Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems
o Comfortable, confident and outgoing in social settings
o Ability to work independently and proactively without daily instruction, but must also be an engaged and participatory member of a larger team
EXPERIENCE – Minimum of two years of successful experience in customer or community relations. Minimum of one-year experience working in sales is highly preferred. Experience working with school administrators and staff is preferred.
·CONFIDENTIALITY – Ability to manage sensitive information in a professional and confidential manner.
Environmental Conditions & Physical Demands:
Must be able to travel to schools and businesses on a daily basis; local travel is extensive and reliable, daily transportation is necessary. Acceptable driving record is required.
Applicant must be willing to submit to pre-employment drug, alcohol and skills testing.
Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities.
Work Schedule & Hours:
This position works typically Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., with occasional morning, evening and weekend hours for special events. However, schedule flexibility is available on an as-needed basis.
This job profile is not intended to be all inclusive of tasks required, it is to provide a general description of essential job responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.