Are you looking for an opportunity to grow in your role as a CPA and a Trusted Advisor? Do you want to work for firm that appreciates your skills and the hard work you do? Do you enjoy using tax strategies to solve a client’s needs? Tired of doing the same data entry day after day? If you answered YES!!, then you are in luck! Forrester | Morgan is seeking a talented and driven person just like you to join our family. We are a small but rapidly growing firm. We focus on building relationships with our clients and helping them achieve their goals on both a business and personal level. We are a full-service accounting firm catering to small businesses, medical/dental offices, and clients aspiring to achieve high net worth. The firm has an immediate career opportunity for an experienced Tax Associate, whose values and goals cannot be realized in a large CPA firm or corporate environment.
- Opportunity to work with multiple industries and key leaders in their respective fields
- Attractive compensation package including benefits 401(k), paid time off, and CPE/license expenses
- A business casual environment
- A great location in Richardson next to University of Texas-Dallas
- Preparing individual, partnership, corporate, trust and estate tax returns
- Review adjustments and reconciliations to client provided general ledger for use in the tax return preparation process.
- Some preparation of write-up and payroll tax reports/filings.
- Prepare amended returns of various complexities
- Assisting with tax planning and tax strategy development and implementation
- Providing support related to entity formation and taxation
- Respond to tax notices; preparation of correspondence.
- Performing tax research to resolve client questions, suggest and evaluate potential tax strategies as well as determine compliance accuracy
- Monthly/Quarterly preparation of financial statements for a number of small business clients
Minimum REQUIRED Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field with an emphasis in accounting courses
- CPA with 2 to 3 years of federal (individual and business) tax preparation experience in a public accounting firm
- Desire to stay and grow with a reputable firm for the long term
- Must have extensive general ledger analysis expertise that exceeds accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Exceptional analytical skills complemented by the flexibility to both critically examine details as well as consider the bigger picture
- Proven leadership skills and initiative to begin and complete projects with minimal direction or information
- Ability to articulate and communicate fluently in English, in both written form and verbal
- Skillful at managing a variety of assignments simultaneously while tracking and completing necessary follow-up
- Competent user of Microsoft Office suite, Quick Books, and Lacerte Tax software, a plus
- Pay commensurate with experience.
* This position is full time (minimum 36-40 hours per week) with occasional seasonal overtime required.*
*NO RECRUITERS/AGENCIES PLEASE*
*Sponsorship for candidates who are not eligible to work in the US is not offered for this position*