The Help Desk Level II Technician requires someone with a drive and passion for technology, security, and a wide range of responsibilities. The position is comprised of desktop/helpdesk support, systems administration, and project installations. It is a team-based position that will be responsible for interacting with associates over the phone, on site, and online through remote support tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Essential tasks & responsibilities associated to Tier I help desk support and the ability to analyze and troubleshoot Tier II issues.
- Configure new computers in-house, and remotely when possible.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve technical issues.
- Acquire technical knowledge dynamically and quickly to work towards problem resolution.
- Document client communication, troubleshooting steps and resolution via ticketing system.
- Monitor network monitoring systems, and notifying our senior technical staff of issues/problems that require escalation
- User account management in Active Directory and within applications, including adds, changes, and deletions in accordance with defined policies and procedures
- Travel to various sites when needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- SQL Query needed with experiencing pulling data
- 1-4 years related experience
- College degree preferred, but relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Knowledge/experience troubleshooting Windows 7, 8, and 10 desktops and laptops
- Knowledge of backup software and anti-virus software, especially in a server environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge/experience with Macs a plus
- Experience with security policy, access control, firewalls, switches, router configuration, network security, and VPN
- Ability to effectively research issues and provide solutions