Formstack transforms the way you collect data and put it to work.
We are looking for a Front End Developer to help us accomplish this mission!
Formstack is a 14-year-old company with its roots in Indianapolis. Our customers span 110 different countries, and our employees live and work across the U.S. and the globe. We provide a work environment that is flexible and provides great freedom for those who can perform. We are seeking people who demonstrate an ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
What You Will Do
In this position, you will work on an agile cross-functional team focusing on a subset of the core Formstack platform. You will be responsible for implementing new Front-End code and improving and maintaining existing functionality. You will also work with the Product Design team to improve and maintain our custom component library. In this role, you'll have a lot of fun collaborating, playing games, solving really difficult problems, and building relationships with awesome and talented individuals!
Who You Are
You enjoy working in a collaborative environment that values critical & constructive discussions about design, user experience, and development. You're passionate about web applications and modern, user-centered web design and development. If that's you, you might be just what we need!
How You Will Succeed
- Work on an agile cross-functional team comprised of Product Designers, Product Managers, Back-End Engineers, and QA Engineers
- Develop and test across multiple browsers and platforms
- Help improve and maintain our component library
- Ensure you and your fellow Front-End Engineers are adhering to development best practices and standards
- Provide constant feedback through Code Reviews
- Share knowledge with other Engineers whenever possible
What We Are Looking For
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English
- Relevant experience working as a Front-End developer
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles including hooks
- Experience with libraries like Redux, Redux-Saga, Reselect
- Experience with TypeScript and/or Flow
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Deep concern for users, usability, the user experience, and accessibility
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Front-End unit testing
- Experience writing clean and semantic HTML5 and CSS3
- Working knowledge of version control systems, particularly Git
- Full-stack experience (Node or PHP)
- Knowledge of module bundlers (we use Webpack)
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors or modern CSS tool chains (PostCSS), or CSS-in-JS approach
- Experience with AngularJS
- Experience working on a SaaS product
- Experience with CI/CD
What Formstack Offers:
- Free health plans, as well as company-paid Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance Benefits for full-time employees.
- Unlimited PTO for all employees.
- Retirement accounts with company matching for US and Canadian full-time employees.
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Company-paid conferences and extended learning opportunities
- Yearly company gatherings
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? CLICK HERE to hear from some current Formstackers about what matters most!
Formstack is proud and dedicated to provide Equal Employment Opportunities
Formstack maintains a policy that Equal Employment Opportunities be available to all persons without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, union affiliation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. This means we do not discriminate in any aspect of employment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all applicants and employees through all phases of employment, including but not limited to hiring, promotion, treatment during employment, demotion, and termination.
All data collected in our application process from resume collection to application questions is used for recruitment purposes only. We will store it in our applicant tracking system, JazzHR, and will not share this data with anyone else. We will keep your data until the role is filled and only continue to store it if we feel you may fit future roles.
Thank you for your interest in Formstack!