- Expired: March 26, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Project Manager is responsible for fostering a strong relationship with our customers to meet their needs while effectively negotiating deadlines both with the customer and internally with our production capabilities. In this position, the Project Manager is the single point of contact for all aspects of their assigned projects, from project inception to final closeout and invoicing. The project manager plans, coordinates, and oversees all tasks, critical dates, client and 3rd party interfaces and relations, performance quality, customer satisfaction, budget, and project administration for each assigned project. The PM is the primary integrator for the entire business transaction for each project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a single point of contact for Sales, Specifiers, and Contractors for all communications.
- Provide professional customer interface and client relations throughout the project.
- Responsible for customer sign-offs, approvals, and formal paperwork during the implementation and closeout phases.
- Work with Estimating to establish the overall project scope and manage the internal team to ensure coordinated effort, schedule and conduct project kick-off meetings.
- Review plans and product specifications.
- Coordinate and manage project task assignments.
- Develop a work plan and schedule based on overall project parameters, project scope, and customer goals.
- Provide consultation to specifiers and contractors.
- Maintain detailed project documentation, including key project decisions, communication logs, customer requests, and revisions.
- Provide timely formal verbal and written communications throughout the project to the specifier, contractors, and project team.
- Manage the change order process.
- Manage manufacturing remakes and troubleshooting processes.
- Track orders to completion; maintain accurate and standardized order records.
- Interface with engineering to ensure submittal drawings, manufacturing drawings, and job order completion is done on time and of high quality.
- Interface with the factory and fabrication to establish shipping schedules and special instructions.
- Review ship dates to ensure project timelines are met.
- Obtain final drawings and/or final site measurements if necessary.
- Ensure field paperwork and installation instructions are completed and delivered in a timely manner.
- 3+ years' experience in a Project Management position.
- Proficient in 2D design and 3D design is a plus (Autocad/Solidworks) is a plus.
- MRP experience is also a plus.
- Ability to read architectural/engineering/construction drawings. Working knowledge of construction documents, floor plans, Gantt charts, and the construction process.
- The ability to work with a collaborative, cross-functional team and to relate directly to our direct sales force and customer base is essential.
- Possesses strong product knowledge and basic technical knowledge, correct product application and custom applications.
- A strong knowledge of all aspects of management, including budget, quote and order preparation and management, installation, and project administration.
- Strong organizational skills including documentation and filing. High attention to detail and process-oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a positive relationship with demanding customers.
As a full-time member of our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, full benefits, and exposure to a creative work environment.
Forms + Surfaces is an equal-opportunity employer.
Get fresh Construction Managers jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.