- Posted: 19 days ago
Formosa Interactive is looking for a talented and motivated graphic designer to join our growing studio. You have a proven track record in creating high-quality artwork in a broad range of styles and finish levels in this role.
The perfect candidate will have a proven design eye, with an ability of leveraging color, composition and design fundamentals to tell compelling visual stories with their work. You also posess a desire to experiment and push the limits of the content created with stills, game capture and branding elements. You are familiar with creating impactful designs for apparel and consumer goods, social media as well as professional presentation material for internal and external use that are fun and in alignment with the associated IP. You can work across several styles and genres and have a desire to deliver a high visual quality that delights our customers.
If the opportunity to work with industries biggest AAA titles and this is the challenge you have been looking for, we want to hear from you!
- Work closely with the art director and art leads, creating and delivering high quality design solutions for various asks.
- Be responsible for design, development and delivery of assets and design templates across a variety of media including (but not limited to); apparel, consumer goods, digital stationary, presentation materials, event collateral, and retail/branding material.
- Resizing or cropping of existing imagery and branding assets to different specifications as needed.
- Staying up to date on the latest graphic design techniques
- Excellent communication skills demonstrating the ability to work effectively and collaboratively across all functional disciplines of the team.
- Contribute to the consistency of the team's deliverables through regular critiques, feedback, and mentoring.
- Increase the team's skills through mentorship of skills, processes, and artistic techniques.
- Help grow a healthy, collaborative, fun, and creative studio culture.
- A minimum of 2+ years of experience in game development doing graphic design or similar discipline.
- Portfolio/website demonstrating exceptional art skills and strong design sensibilities
- Have an excellent eye for light, value, color, composition, and details.
- Experience with Photoshop, After Effects and Figma, Sketch, XD or similar design tools.
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and Azure Dev Ops software suites.
- Excellent research and exploration methods that demonstrate creative problem-solving.
- Able to produce hero assets that set the example for and inspire the team.
- Can take direction and contribute to, interpret, and communicate visual direction with the team and the client with clarity and strong visual vocabulary.
- Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
- Be an avid gamer!
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – traditional art mediums.
- Sculpting or modeling experience using 3D programs.
- High School education or equivalent required.
- BA/BS in applicable field preferred.
Formosa Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Formosa Interactive