Position Title: Lead Development Specialist
Position Type: FTE 40 hrs/wk
Compensation: Base + Commissions (Average Annualized Compensation: $65K+)
Hours: 9am to 6pm, M-F
Location: This job will begin training as a work-from-home position, but is expected to move to an office in East Beaverton. Current estimated move date is approximately August/September.
- Do you have previous experience developing prospects into clients?
- Have you had previous experience in high-volume communication or call centers?
- Do you have the ability to communicate efficiently in a clear manner both orally and in writing?
- Are you able to handle multiple tasks and activities at one time and still maintain a high level of accuracy?
- Are you detail-oriented with strong organizational and self-management skills?
If you answered yes to these questions, we want to hear from you!
Forix is a rapidly growing, 100-person digital agency in the Portland metro that specializes in e-commerce websites, informational sites and native mobile application development. With a strong emphasis in the Magento platform, Forix has quickly become a frontrunner in providing custom commerce solutions and has been identified as one of the top eCommerce agencies nationwide.
The company culture is energetic, creative and very friendly. We all work hard, but we have fun too. If you are a high-integrity individual, who is very focused on growing your career, this is the place to do it. We want to be the very best in the at what we do, and we need people who truly want to be the best at what they do to keep helping our team grow.
We do proactive outreach to candidates who already own and operate Magento e-commerce sites to see how we can drive more revenues and grow their companies. This is a tremendous opportunity for somebody looking to define a career in business development, and getting their foot in the door of an operation that is growing fast. Opportunities are abundant, and the chance to be promoted is available to anyone who can deliver great results.
Forix is seeking to add 2 inside sales professionals to our business development team. The best fit for this position will be an assertive professional who can engage prospective clients regarding our ongoing web development services. This sales professional will engage prospects via email and phone calls, with the goal of setting up an appointment to speak to one of our business development team members. You will train with senior staff to learn how to close your own accounts over time. Commissions are based on client account activity for 1-year from the time they are sold.
Client and Service Overview:
- Service Level Agreements: Monthly retainers that equate to a base of $65,000/yr. Clients are billed in both prepaid retainers and hourly for work beyond the retainer amount.
- Prospect Profile: Mid-market retailers typically doing $5MM to $40MM in online sales annually. Decision makers tend to be marketing managers, VPs and C-suite. They have defined budgets for web development/support, and prefer to parter with a software development agency rather than hire their own developers.
- Actively using the Magento (1 & 2) open source and commerce platforms as their primary eCommerce engine.
Primary Duties of this Position:
- Phone and email contact with prospective clients (averaging 50-60 calls/emails per day)
- CRM management with Zoho
- Successfully setting appointments for further discussions with senior staff.
- Researching and understanding the prospects' business problems and strategizing on how we can solve them.
- Requirements gathering, qualifying based on budgets and needs, and involving specific team members based on areas of expertise.
- Coordinating with senior sales team members to develop prospects.
- Carries daily activity quota and weekly productivity metrics
- Successfully identify candidates for our service offerings, and pounce on the opportunities.
- Prior call center experience is required to apply for this position.
- Technical aptitude is a must. You will be conversing with people who live and breathe interactive technologies, so if you love technology, you'll love this.
- 2+ years of college.
- The ability to be trained quickly, and then turn around and apply it fast.
- Professional conduct and quality speaking skills are essential to a role where you make contact by phone.
- Must be a very good writer, not just an average writer.
- Having worked for or with creative or interactive agencies is a plus, but this skillset leans more technical than creative.
- Screening criteria will include
- Criminal background check
- US citizenship or valid work visa
- Solid references from previous work managers (not coworkers)
We're committed to maintaining a motivated, positive work environment with people who share, demonstrate and live our core values. Take pride in working for a company that strives to create successful and award winning websites, defines and pursues its vision and mission/purpose, and continually provides tangible value and benefit to its employees and our clients.
Some perks that benefits of joining our all-star team includes:
- Bottomless coffee
- Ping Pong
- Company events and outings (a.k.a. employee fun days)
- Convenient office located near restaurants, medical office and stores in East Beaverton
If Offered Full-Time Employment With Our Firm, Benefits Include:
- 401K plan with Matching
- Employee medical and dental coverage
- 3 weeks of PTO/yr
If this position sounds like a good fit for you, please send your resume, cover letter as a Word doc attachment to the email address provided in this post. Please include why you think you would be a good fit for our company in your cover letter. Responses not including this info will not be considered.
Forix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.