Cloud Platform Solution Architect
- Posted: over a month ago
We are looking for a Cloud Platform Solution Architect who will be responsible for designing, developing, and leading technical solutions supporting one or more cloud platforms. You will need to engage multiple teams to define technical requirements, develop designs, and align technology that enables the cloud platform architecture all while meeting the organizations compliance, data and regulatory expectations. Additionally, the organization will look to you to be a leader across Cloud Platform projects influencing other tech leads in how we develop platform solutions following best practices and driving our platform innovation roadmap.
- You will design and develop platform standards and architecture patterns across the organization
- You will deliver Platform Solution Framework and software components while understanding and addressing risk, privacy, cybersecurity and legal constraints on project delivery
- You will choose between many paths of design and articulate why one may be better than another
- You will operate with an “automate first” mentality. Considering application/platform management across many potential accounts/regions, designing for maximum reuse.
- You will provide technical evaluation of proposed project ideas, software changes and future product releases.
- You will drive the development and execution of our platform innovation roadmap, including creating working proof of concept models in new technology spaces directly connected to future platform capabilities
- You will demonstrate concepts of achieving elegant solutions using established cloud patterns for redundancy, scalability, and reliability
- You will build effective relationships with key technical resources and architects to influence technology solutions.
- You will provide guidance to software delivery teams in best practice Agile delivery of software components of the platform
- You will obtain and use knowledge industry specific delivery models and quality system to ensure solutions align with regulatory expectations and meet regulatory timelines
- You will obtain and bring to bear knowledge of Digital business processes and technology to ensure solution deliveries are consistent with the strategy and roadmap
Skills / Requirements
- Broad practical knowledge of an IaaS cloud provider (AWS, Azure, GCP) required. AWS preferred
- Applicant needs to be able to demonstrate deep knowledge of containerized environments (Docker)
- Experience with identity management or authentication providers (preferably Okta)
- Familiarity with practices and tooling of modern software development (GitHub + CI/CD, testing frameworks, Jira, etc) is needed
- Experience utilizing Atlassian (Jira/Confluence) or similar toolsets
- Professional experience delivering software solutions that span the development lifecycle, e.g., design, development, testing, deployment, and support.
- Current development experience in Python or NodeJS greatly preferred
- Proven technical leadership experience in delivery of software projects
- Demonstrable examples of leading software design and architecture
- Demonstrated ability to propose new ideas and influence peers
- Achieved Cloud certifications (AWS Solution Architect or AWS Developer) or desire to achieve certifications
- Practical knowledge of Agile software development concepts and associated implementations.
- High level of intellectual curiosity, external perspective, and innovation interest
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?