IT Network Administrator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Location: Rocklin, California
Employee Type: Salary, Exempt, Full-Time
Manages Others: No
Reports to: IT Manager
Travel: Up to 25%
Date: December 20, 20201
Summary of Functions
Working in our Rocklin office and reporting to the IT Manager, the Network Administrator’s primary responsibilities are to design, develop, install, and manage network and telecommunications systems to connect 7 offices and multiple job sites across the US and Canada.
Secondary responsibilities are to provide support to all Forgen employees in their use of their personal computers with company software and applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Embrace Forgen’s Core Values in all aspects of the job
- Have a firm grasp on IT best practices and develop written company policies and procedures
- Design, install, configure, and maintain network and telecommunications equipment from Cisco-Meraki, Peplink, Teltonika, etc. including routers, switches, firewalls and security appliances, circuits, and other data communication components
- Monitoring of network health and performance to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security
- Manage network security patches and firmware updates to ensure a secure environment
- Purchase, install and manage SIM cards and cellular routers from Pepwave, Teltonika and Outdoor Routers to ensure project sites have reliable Internet connections
- Manage VPN systems to ensure appropriate access to company data
- Work with telecom providers to acquire, maintain and upgrade Internet and Cellular plans as needed
- Advanced network troubleshooting of Cisco-Meraki SDWAN connecting all sites
- Assist team members with network troubleshooting, server-to-server communication, subnets, VLANs, etc.
- Create and manage firewall policies
- Site visits as needed
- Provide phone, remote, and in-person technical support for all Forgen employees
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and correct laptop hardware and software problems
- Onboard new users and deploy end user applications and equipment as needed
- Maintain internal documentation and Knowledge Base articles
- 5+ years’ experience with Cisco-Meraki products
- 5+ years’ experience supporting a corporate environment
- 5+ years’ experience monitoring/maintaining/improving networks
- Knowledge and understanding of OSI model, network services and protocols
- Hands-on experience working with end-user hardware, software, and operating systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Cisco Meraki Solutions Specialist certification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to drive to project sites
- Support of remote users to troubleshoot and fix networking, hardware, and software problems
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours to minimize impact on users
- Familiarity with Microsoft 365, Remote Support tools, Ticketing systems, Windows operating systems, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, Digital and VOIP phone systems, Cisco Meraki equipment, VPNs, Subnets
Primarily an office position. At time site visits and field project visits are required. Travel to offices and projects in various location around the country as needed. The following physical activities or abilities are commonly, but not always, associated with site visits.
- When on project sites or if performing some types of work activity, wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including, but not limited to, earplugs, protective eyewear, gloves, hard hat, steel toed work boots, and high visibility safety apparel on job sites.
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with site visits. The actual working conditions will vary.
- Primarily an office environment, with some exposure to field job site environments which may have heavy equipment and machines, tools, chemicals, solvents, dust, fumes, and other contaminants.
- Occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
It is the policy of Forgen to fill every position without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other basis made unlawful by applicable law. Forgen is an equal opportunity employer, and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including managers, supervisors, and co-workers.
TechnologyView all jobs at Forgen