Senior Staff Site Reliability Engineer
- Expired: December 08, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
ForgeRock is currently looking for a Cloud Engineer to play a key role in designing, developing, supporting and improving artifacts used to facilitate deployment of the ForgeRock Identity Platform across multiple cloud providers using Kubernetes. This person will work closely with our platform and cloud engineering teams to build the foundation of the company's future business in the Cloud.
As a key member of the Cloud Deployment team, this is a development/engineering role to design, build, deliver and support secure deployments running in containers for the modern world. This requires the candidate to be able to create complex virtual machine environments, storage, network architecture and networking on multiple cloud platforms using Kubernetes as the orchestration framework.
The end goal is to ensure that ForgeRock continues to deliver world class web access to our identity management products that are built for the cloud.
- Understand ForgeRock Identity products and how they can be best deployed in the Cloud.
- Investigate or build tools, scripts and utilities to automate the creation of complex environments on different cloud platforms.
- Develop Docker images and Kubernetes manifests to create packages that can be repeatedly deployed in a highly available way on multiple Kubernetes environments.
- Template a cloud model that can be applied across the majority of customers today.
- Manage all the source code, artifacts and configurations in a controlled manner.
- Maintain and support ForgeRock cloud artifacts, docker images, file-based configurations and assist in troubleshooting of them.
- Create automation functionality, ideally in Go or Python
- Document work following best practices relating to server infrastructure, containers, and cloud computing technologies.
- Install, execute, monitor, analyse ForgeRock products in a continuous way using Prometheus, Grafana or other monitoring tools.
- Secure the deployment and infrastructure in an automated fashion.
- Work closely with local and remote development teams, evangelize the need, and aid documentation, testing and other product teams in all aspects of cloud-based activities.
- Act as a specialist to advise engineers about Cloud deployment patterns
- Communicating information and findings verbally and in writing.
- Liaise with ForgeRock teams, partners and customers
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience in deployment of large-scale web access or identity management products
- Real production-based knowledge of DevOps with containers, using Docker and Kubernetes, ideally on one or more of OpenShift, GKE, EKS or AKS.
- Understand in detail Kubernetes concepts, tools (kubectl), package managers (Helm, Kustomize)
- Expertise on the latest Cloud compute, load balancing and scaling, storage, networking, security and virtualization technologies
- Working experience of administering or operating on cloud-based platforms such as Amazon AWS EC2, Microsoft Azure and Google GCP
- How to use DevOps workflow to go from development stage to qa and production in to continuous/automated pipeline.
- Use of modern CI/CD tools for delivery and automation
- Familiarity of configuration management with Git/Bitbucket/Stash
- Linux / UNIX system administration.
- Identity and Access Management experience a major plus
- Load, scalability, systems or performance testing experience
- Exposure to other tools such as Chef, Puppet, Vagrant, Ansible, Terraform
- Any professional services, architecture or deployment experience
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
The typical hiring range for this role is $134,500 - $195,000 in annual base compensation. Bonus and commission eligible roles will provide the opportunity to earn additional income based on performance against objectives. Candidate location and qualifications will be assessed to determine final compensation. In addition, our generous total rewards package includes health and wellness benefits, retirement savings plans, risk insurances, paid time off, parental leave, plus other supplemental offerings. For part-timers, your coverage will vary.
TechnologyView all jobs at ForgeRock
Get fresh Cloud Site Reliability Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!