GSA Data Analytics Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
Forge Group, LLC is a certified 8a, woman-owned, service-disabled, veteran-owned small business (8a, WOSB, SDVOSB) in the federal government marketplace. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, we are a management and IT consulting firm. Just not your typical one. We focus on creating sustainable results based on strategic decisions and practical actions tailored to our client's unique requirements.
At Forge, we are focused on creating a culture where we continually grow as individuals and as a team and where our contributions improve our firm, our clients, and our community. We are guided by one primary principle: always do the right thing. We strive to make a difference in how our employees work and live, how our clients tackle problems, and how we interact with our communities.
Forge is always looking for the right blend of experience and personality to join our team. We're searching for engaged individuals who want to work hard, play hard, give back, and enjoy life. If this resonates with you, then come make a difference at Forge.
Requirement: GSA Data Analytics Specialist
Provide project management and analysis support for data analytics of HR business, data governance, data management, and reporting solutions to meet GSA OHRM business objectives supporting the HR Technology Center Division.
The Candidate must have the ability to think strategically, act tactically, and display strong analytical and critical thinking skills. They must also build strong cross-group working relationships and demonstrate exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail. The Candidate must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities.
- Provide leadership and direction to broad research projects of major policy importance, difficulty, and complexity, directed toward significant problems relating to the goals and mission of the HR Technology Center and HR IT.
- Responsible for defining the problems, formulating the overall concepts, conducting analysis, evaluating findings, developing options/solutions and recommendations, and effectively communicating them to key stakeholders in an appropriate manner to position the HR Technology Center and HR IT to excel in its mission.
- Lead, collaborate, and coordinate selecting and deploying necessary infrastructure, platforms, and tools needed to execute the assignments.
- Provides highly technical advice to the HR Technology Center and HR IT leadership as needed.
- Refines policy and business questions to develop hypotheses to establish scope and methodology, identify and acquire internal and external data sets, metadata, and other systems, application, or contextual information needed for specific analytic problems. Prepares raw data from a diverse set of structured and unstructured formats by combining, cleaning, transforming, and producing new formats that are usable for analytics.
- Support of OHRM data governance model and approach
- Support establishment of formal data management practices, data taxonomies, and data analysis approaches
- Support analysis of current and future OHRM data requirements and coordinate with the OHRM reporting and operations team delivery
- Served as a technical expert/project manager to assist with the HR data warehouse implementation and ongoing development needs (for example, adding timekeeping records to track telework usage, payroll data for labor projections, and automating SLA tracking and reporting) and working with other datasets as needed).
The contractor will also assist the OHRM HR Innovation and Integration Division with the OHRM requirements as an expert on HR, payroll, and timekeeping systems data in GSA.
- Knowledge of MySQL Development
- Knowledge of ETL using Pentaho
- Knowledge of Database Design and Architecture
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse Design
- U.S. Citizen
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Background in GSA with corresponding credentials already in effect
- API development using System for Cross-domain Identity Management (SCIM) specification
- Database development (DB/SQL type specific to application requirements)
- Familiarity with standard development pipelines/software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes (Waterfall, DevSecOps, CI/CD, etc.)
- Experience integrating with SailPoint IdentityNow (IDN) and IdentityIQ (IIQ).
- Experience developing IBM Rational ClearQuest workflows
- Experience implementing Role Based Access Controls (RBAC)
- Knowledge of Directory tools (Active Directory, OpenDJ, etc.)
- Knowledge of Federal Requirements and standards associated with software development, PII, and ICAM.
Location: Washington, D.C.; hybrid/remote work opportunities are possible
Salary Range: $110,000.00 to $130,000.00 per year
Assigned Forge Job Title: Project Specialist
- Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves problems promptly; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively, and can read and interpret written information.
- Diversity- Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethics; upholds organizational values.
- Strategic Thinking- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts the approach to changing conditions.
- Planning/Organizing- Prioritize and plans work activities; use time efficiently; plan for additional resources; Set goals and objectives; organize or schedule other people and their tasks; develop realistic action plans.
- Professionalism- Tactfully approaches others; reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information to get others' attention.
- Qualifications- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. ADA compliant/reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Language Skills - Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, proposals, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to question activities and issues in all functional areas and make sound business decisions based on that data.
- Physical Demands- The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. ADA compliant/reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, type, or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Work Environment - The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee might encounter while performing this job's essential functions. The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
This job posting sets forth this position's basic authorities and responsibilities, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Forge fosters a rich company culture built on a diverse, hard-working employee base. Our staff is the core of our success and the impetus behind our decisions. There is no longer a line between work and home life in today's corporate culture. As a result, we focused our benefits approach on the whole family.
The Forge total compensation model is based on a "choose-your-own-adventure approach," allowing each employee to create a comprehensive package of benefits and perks tailored to his or her needs. Examples of benefits included in our total compensation package include:
- Complete flex-time
- 401K with employer matching
- Healthcare including medical, dental, and vision
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- HSA and Pre-Tax Premium Options
- Health and wellness programs
- Student Loan Repayment
- 529 Plan Employer Contributions
- Alternative work locations and telecommuting
Forge Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity [and] Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Forge Group, LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at Forge Group, LLC