Looking for an ENTHUSIASTIC Associate Veterinarian to work in a FRIENDLY and CARING environment, where opportunity for GROWTH is here!
Forever Vets Animal Hospitals are full-service veterinary facilities completely dedicated to the well-being of both you and your pet. We are proud to serve the Jacksonville market to provide a mixture of exceptional customer service and top-notch veterinary care. We look forward to welcoming you to the Forever Vets family.
Why Forever Vets:
1. Be part of the commitment- Keeping the pets healthy and happy for life and making the Pet Health Care affordable
2. Respecting all the employees and their opinions to better ourselves every moment
3. Providing excellent team support and happier work environment
4. State of the art Facilities
5. Competitive compensation and excellent Benefits
6. Community support and giving back to the society
7. Work life balance
8. Career Growth
Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Examines animal to determine nature of disease or injury.
· Treats animal surgically or medically.
· Diagnose and treat animals for medical conditions.
· Conducts research on how to control parasites that attack domestic animals.
· Ensures building and grounds are maintained in a neat and clean manner.
· Test for and vaccinate against diseases
· Operate medical equipment
· Treat and dress wounds
· Advise animal owners about general care, medical conditions, and treatments
· Prescribe medication
· Euthanize animals
Degree in Veterinary Medicine; ten or more year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates and Licenses:
Degree in Veterinary Medicine
State Veterinary License
Compensation/benefit package includes competitive salary, medical/dental/vision, AVMA PLIT, annual continuing education allowance with paid days off, paid veterinarian and DEA licensing fees, paid VIN membership dues, 401-k, and more.