Golf Maintenance Coordinator
- Posted: January 17, 2023
- $21 to $26 Hourly
The Forest Preserve District of DuPage County provides opportunities for people to connect with nature. We offer to the public 60 forest preserves, 145 miles of trails, 47 miles of rivers and streams, and 6 nature and cultural centers. We have 6 million visitors each year.
The District's mission is, "to acquire and hold lands containing forests, prairies, wetlands and associated plant communities or lands capable of being restored to such natural conditions for the purpose of protecting and preserving the flora, fauna and scenic beauty for the education, pleasure and recreation of it's citizens.
This position is to assist the Manager and Supervisor in the planning and directing of employees and programs for a golf grounds maintenance operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and train employees in assigned work tasks
- Assist in daily work schedule preparation, inspect course conditions and setup
- Forecast and scout for fertilizer/pesticide application use. Apply fertilizer and pesticides. Inventory chemicals and horticultural supplies, and maintain records in the computer
- Maintain and operate irrigation systems and prepare the course for daily play
- Operate mowers and other equipment to maintain playing surfaces
- Coordinate flower, tree, and grass plantings
- Assist Equipment Technician with equipment and tool repair
- Preform other administration duties and tasks including coordinating with the pro shop, ordering of supplies, limited office tasks, and debris removal and snow removal
- Perform other duties as required
Starting Pay: $21.00-$26.50 an hour
Schedule: Full-time, varies by season, included weekends, holidays and occasional overtime
Benefits: Medical (PPO and HMO plans through Blue Cross Blue Shield), Dental, Vision, Flex Spending, Wellness Screenings, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, 12 paid Holidays, 12 paid Vacation Days, 5 paid Personal Days, 8 paid sick days, Pension through Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF)
Education and Experience Required
Education: AA in Horticulture, Agronomy, Plant Science Tecnology, Turf Management, Grounds Management or related field is preferred but not required.
Related Experience: Minimum two (2) years golf course maintenance experience.
Special training or other license, certification, etc.: Illinois Pesticide Operators License, Driver License.
Skills: Assign and supervise the work of others; communicate effectively, verbally and in writing; office word processing, database, and spreadsheet software packages
The Forest Preserve District of DuPage County is an EEO employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Forest Preserve District of DuPage County
Real EstateView all jobs at Forest Preserve District of DuPage County
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?