This position provides graphic communication support to the District. This work is necessary for the District to effectively market, communicate and support its mission, special events, programs and projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Research, develop, layout and design various publications and materials for internal and public distribution which market and/or support the District's special events, educational and recreational programs, construction and restoration projects and for the Friends foundation
- Develop graphic design specifications for District logos
- Develop print and artwork specifications for projects given to vendors
- Assist coordinating District and department projects with freelance designers and illustrators to ensure quality
- Collaborate and produce multi-media materials for departments
- Maintain a District graphic library complete with photos
- Perform other duties as required
Education and Experience Required
Education: BS/BA in Commercial Art, Graphic Design, or related field.
Related Experience: One (1) year professional design experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Knowledge Of: Typography, illustration and photography; printing processes including sheet-fed and off-set (web) printing, color separation, keyline and paste-up, and other print production procedures; multi-media production for visual presentations; industry issues, standards, and emerging technologies; Internet/Web site development; graphics software and hardware; Adobe Creative Suite; District's conservation, education, and recreation mission.
Skills In: Effective design and layout of visual aides and communication pieces; communicating effectively, verbally and in writing; prioritizing and managing multiple tasks and projects; maintaining, operating, and trouble-shooting a Macintosh or PC environment.
Hours: Part time, 20 hours per week