Clubhouse Food & Beverage Supervisor
Forest Preserve District of DuPage County Addison, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
DuPage Golf is looking for an experienced Food & Beverage Supervisor to come be part of our opening team at an exciting and unique new venue in Addison, Illinois. The yet-to-be named restaurant is located within a brand new modern clubhouse that is slated to open this summer with dining room, full bar and outdoor terraces overlooking the award-winning golf course, The Preserve at Oak Meadows. We are owned and operated by the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County, and we offer competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a healthy work environment.
This position is responsible for overseeing all front of house food & beverage activities at a District golf facility including the restaurant, on-course concessions, golf outing banquets, and special events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise assigned personnel, including hiring, training, assigning duties, scheduling, and payroll reporting.
- Participate in enforcement (along with Golf Supervisors and Management) of District facility policies and procedures. Enforce sanitary practices for food handling and general cleanliness of front of house staff.
- Ensure proper coding of supplier invoices and completion of other paperwork as needed.
- Conduct inventory of liquor, beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages to ensure adequate supply for the upcoming week. Conduct periodic reviews of all restaurant and banquet wares for condition and amounts.
- Ensure that labor and beverage cost objectives are in accordance with restaurant objectives.
- Manage and update computerized systems for Point of Sale. Ensure cash control procedures are adhered to and monitored, including preparation of guest checks and reconciliation of the bar drawers and the safe.
- Work in unison with Chef and Golf Facility Supervisor in planning and running special events, promotions, golf outings, and special events. Coordinate the sales and billing for F&B functions.
- Communicate with customers/public to ensure satisfaction of their experience and gain feedback. Foster a fun and professional staff environment in support of excellent customer service.
- Oversee and assist in set-up and takedown of restaurant and event area. Secure doors, lock up premises, and activate alarm system.
- Assist other Supervisors and Management in keeping all storage rooms, coolers, freezers and kitchen areas in a clean, organized and sanitary manner that meets or exceeds Health Department guidelines.
- Assists with bartender, busser, hostess, or server, as needed at peak times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required
Related Experience: Experience in a management position at an operation with similar size and quality standards (high-volume restaurants preferred), state and local food service laws and regulations
Minimum Qualifications, special training or other license, certification, etc.:
- AS/AA in Hospitality Management, or related field and minimum four (4) years' experience in food and beverage management or banquet operations, which includes progressive supervisory responsibility; BS/BA in Hospitality Management or related field and minimum two (2) years' experience in food and beverage management or banquet operations.
- Food Protection Manager issued by the State of Illinois or able to achieve within 30 days of hire.
- Beverage Alcohol Sellers and Servers Education and Training (BASSET) or able to achieve within 30 days of hire.
- Open availability including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Proven track record of building high-performing teams.
- Must have a track record of stability in previous employment (3 professional recommendations).
Knowledge Of: Food and beverage operations; inventory management and control systems; state and local laws and regulations referring to the restaurant and hospitality industry.
Skills In: managing multiple tasks and projects; communicating effectively, verbally and in writing; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships; coordinating the work activities of others; point of sale systems, office database and spreadsheet software packages.
Forest Preserve District of DuPage County
FoodView all jobs at Forest Preserve District of DuPage County