#1162 - Clubhouse Maintenance Specialist
Forest Preserve District of DuPage County Addison, IL
- Expired: May 05, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
DuPage Golf is looking for an experienced Clubhouse Maintenance Specialist to come be part of our opening team at an exciting and unique new venue in Addison, Illinois. The yet-to-be named restaurant is located within a brand new modern clubhouse that is slated to open this summer with dining room, full bar and outdoor terraces overlooking the award-winning golf course, The Preserve at Oak Meadows. We are owned and operated by the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County, and we offer competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a healthy work environment.
This position provides clean, safe and well-maintained facilities, including the disinfection and sanitization of clubhouse facilities, and performs routine maintenance and repairs at assigned District golf locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain mechanical and structural components of assigned facilities. Monitor building systems and equipment and proactively report mechanical and structural concerns requiring additional support to manager.
- Clean, sanitize and maintain the assigned facilities including outside entry areas and sidewalks, utilizing current custodial best practices and industry standards.
- Prioritize tasks in order of importance and time sensitivity, coordinate a calendar of periodic custodial services, and make recommendations to the manager regarding practices, procedures, and assignments for seasonal / part time custodial staff members.
- Serve as a main point of contact for contracted maintenance work and other service repair vendors at specified sites. Provide working guidance and interpretations of scope of work for contracted services.
- Prepare rooms for functions according to event plans. Move building furniture and equipment.
- Maintain a safe working environment, utilizing knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA's) as well as perform monthly building safety inspections.
- Responsible to work varied hours, including some weekends, nights and holidays, and respond during off-duty hours for emergency call outs.
- Seasonal duties, such as snow removal and event support may require additional time worked outside the standard scheduled work hours.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience Required
Related Experience: Two (2) years experience in general custodial or maintenance work, or equivalent combination of training and experience. Knowledge of restaurant-related equipment repair preferred.
Special training or other license, certification,etc.: Valid Driver's License.
Knowledge Of: Thorough knowledge of facility building systems, including: fire alarm, electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems along with their proper maintenance. Janitorial methods, painting and carpentry work, inventory and supply ordering, and equipment repair; occupational hazards and necessary safety precautions.
Skills In: Performing technical and routine cleaning and maintenance tasks; operating automatic scrubbers, power washers, sweepers, and related equipment; managing multiple tasks and deadlines; understanding and following verbal and written instructions; establishing and maintaining effective relationships; communicating effectively; interpreting contract responsibilities; maintaining simple records and writing reports.
The Forest Preserve District is an EEO employer.
Forest Preserve District of DuPage County
Real EstateView all jobs at Forest Preserve District of DuPage County