Forest Health Medical Center, a 68-bed multi-specialty surgical hospital located in Ypsilanti, Michigan, is seeking a full-time Accounts Payable/Payroll Specialist.
This position will be responsible principally for maintaining the accounts payable and payroll processing of numerous affiliated companies while ensuring compliance with the Company's financial policies and internal accounting controls.
Prepare biweekly payroll, maintain employee payroll records and answer employees' questions and concerns regarding payroll.
Investigate and resolve payroll discrepancies.
Prepare journal entries for 401k, health care claims, payroll/PTO accruals, and upload payroll to GL.
Maintain integrity and confidentiality of client’s employee database and its content.
Demonstrate excellent customer service skills with our internal and external customers and the ability to work with a variety of people.
Work closely with HR to ensure necessary changes and updates to accounts are made and payroll is accurate.
Review reports, verify totals, and prepare periodic reports of earnings and deductions.
Help prepare necessary documents for annual workmen's compensation audit and 401k audit.
Support and provide any tax information needed by payroll processing company, tax agencies, or auditors.
- In a timely manner, review coding of invoices, check requests, and employee expense reports for accuracy.
- Confirm management approval of invoices, post invoices in proper periods and perform weekly check run.
- Review monthly statements, investigate discrepancies, and work with vendors to obtain missing invoices.
- Maintain neat and organized accounts payable files.
- Responsible for maintaining W-9's, preparing 1099's, and Sales and Use tax forms.
- Assist the Accounting Department with month-end closings and other functions as needed.
High School diploma required. Associate's degree in Accounting or Finance from a two-year college and minimum two years related experience in accounts payable and payroll preferred. In addition:
- Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactively demonstrate a willingness to learn and perform complex skills and projects on a continual basis
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience using Evident and Great Plains accounting software a plus
- Experience using Paycor payroll system preferred
Our competitive salary and benefit package may include medical, dental and life insurance; long-term disability insurance; 401(k) participation; paid time off, and tuition reimbursement. Equal opportunity employer.