- Posted: over a month ago
Foresight Financial Group Inc.(FFG), in Northern Illinois, is a community bank holding company at approximately $1.5b in assets and is seeking a dynamic, innovative, energetic and experienced leader for our President/CEO.
‘Community Building through Community Banking’ is why our company exists. The holding company President/CEO works collaboratively with the FFG Board, bank President/CEO’s and Board of Directors’ of our independent bank charters to establish the company’s strategic direction and meet the needs of all our stakeholders. The holding company provides shared services in order to magnify the strengths of banks to satisfy customers, empower employees and enhance value for our communities and shareholders. Our purpose driven culture is driven by our shared values focused on relationships, service and excellence.
The ideal candidate has more than ten years in a leadership role in banking and has knowledge of all aspects of a community bank. They must have demonstrated experience in leading through culture then strategy, prioritizing human capital and ensuring their engagement, and aligning talent with strategy to drive results. The candidate must have demonstrated success in a matrixed organization, and have strength in balancing the autonomy of independent entities while ensuring a unified strategic direction that maximizes efficiency and effectiveness. Must have a depth of experience in strategic planning, mentoring, profitably growing a community bank or multi-charter holding company. Must have advanced talent in business acumen, economics, mergers and acquisitions. Must be an outstanding communicator and ability to build trust through honing relationships internally and externally.
Candidates from outside the northern Illinois Communities will be required to relocate within reasonable distance.
Foresight Financial Group, Inc., an Illinois corporation founded in 1986, is a bank holding company established under the Federal Reserve with fifteen offices in the Northern Illinois counties of Winnebago, Stephenson and Kankakee. Holdings of the Foresight Financial Group, Inc. include German American State Bank located in German Valley, Pecatonica, Belvidere and Winnebago; State Bank of Davis located in Davis and Kankakee; State Bank located in Freeport and Bradley; Lena State Bank located in Lena; Northwest Bank located in Rockford, Loves Park and Machesney Park; and State Bank of Herscher located in Herscher and Kankakee.
The President and CEO is responsible for guiding the organizational culture supported by the FFG vision and corporate philosophies in assessing and guiding the strategic direction for maintaining the financial health of FFG’s subsidiary community banks, and enhancing the long-term growth in market valuation of FFG common stock. This position must provide strategic leadership by working with the FFG Board and the subsidiary bank Presidents to establish long-range and short-term operating metrics, business plans and policies that direct the organization within appropriate frameworks of internal controls and regulatory compliance in achieving the FFG corporate vision.
With absolute commitment to the FFG Vision and Core Philosophies of community banking, collaborate with the FFG Board to define the organization’s vision and develop a strategic plan and operating methodology for achieving both the vision and long-term goals. Offer guidance and support to subsidiary bank Boards’ and Presidents’ as they oversee bank performance as it relates to achieving these goals, based on the current approved strategic plan, providing leadership in the following key areas:
- Increase the long-term sustainable value of FFG common stock through increased profits of the Banks, corporate cost efficiencies, and risk control.
- Provide for capital planning and procurement, fair and appropriate FFG common Shareholder dividends, Bank subsidiary upstream dividends, and buy-back programs for FFG Stock.
- Maintain strong shareholder relations through ongoing communication, whether one on one, in periodic meetings, or through the media and FFG website.
- Plan, prepare for, and present communications at the Annual Shareholders meeting.
- In coordination with the CFO, maintain regular communications with market makers in FFG common stock and other investment banking sources.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement and evaluate the organization’s fiscal operations and performance, reporting routinely to the Board.
- Develop and implement strategies for ensuring the long-term viability of the organization and staff, ensuring succession plans are in place throughout the corporate and subsidiary bank organizations.
- Annually, organize and execute a Long Term Strategic planning session.
- With the FFG CFO, establish budgetary targets and guide the Banks in the development of their annual budgets, ensuring accountability to corporate goals and prepare the parent Company annual budget.
- Coordinate FFG Company Board and Board committee meetings with the designated functional chairperson to ensure active and diligent Board level strategic decision making in all corporate responsibility areas.
- Lead the FFG corporate executive staff executives in fostering an effective level of commonality in key areas of the Corporate Standards such as major credit approval, IT/Consolidated Operations, Investments, ALCO management, human resources, marketing, audit, loan review, and compliance.
- Actively seek, foster and evaluate merger and acquisition opportunities and establish an effective M&A core team. Provide strategic leadership analysis, and financial stewardship regarding mergers and acquisitions.
- Serve as the primary spokesperson and representative for the organization.
- Advocate the unique value of community banking resources within each community represented.
Subsidiary Bank Responsibilities:
- With the subsidiary Bank presidents and their respective Boards, develop annual business plans designed to promote fiscal and qualitative progress needed to address pressing issues and position the subsidiary to optimize its local market opportunity.
- Monitor and make recommendations to the FFG Board to fairly address the expansion of, downsizing, establishing new, and/or closing of existing bank locations.
- Encourage and appreciate Bank autonomy in serving customers and communities as much as possible in the interest of the Company’s financial success, while maintaining adherence to the FFG corporate minimum standards.
- As requested, work with the Bank Presidents and Boards in recruitment of executive positions, developing future leadership within the organization.
- Where needed, participate in and support business development activities, supporting the bank relationship with customers and prospects.
- Support and work with subsidiary Bank Presidents to build relationships within each community promoting the FFG’s interest and representation through all levels of the organization.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Leadership: Advanced knowledge and skills in leading an organization with a strategic vision and achieving such through empowerment, collaboration, communication, team building and mentoring.
Strategic Planning: Deep proficiency in driving a shared understanding of a long-term vision that incorporates collaborative input and describes what the organization needs to look like and how to operate in the future.
Communicator: Advanced interpersonal and project management skills, oral and written communication and ability to anticipate and guide the impact of effective internal and external communication strategies on the organization.
Organizational Development: Promote the organization, its mission and goals to prospective investors, internal and external stakeholders, and potential talent through the ability to influence others and effectively negotiate.
Business Acumen/Financial Management: Carries out organizational strategy with a clear understanding of industry trends, economic and market dynamics, and financial acumen. Knowledge of business and banking technology and moderate skill level in usage and promotion of such.
Judgement and Problem Solving: Superior analytical and management skills and the ability to objectively ascertain solutions focused on organizational success.
Mergers and Acquisitions: Experienced and knowledgeable of M&A process, transactions, and financial structuring. Solid abilities in motivating and developing others, building relationships and focus on customer needs.
Entrepreneurial: Competitive in nature, innovative, results focused, willing to take calculated risk, confident and decisive.
Professionalism: Consistent demonstration of behaviors, appearance, and communication with full knowledge and consideration of the effect on internal and external stakeholders.
Integrity: Instills mutual trust and confidence, fosters a culture of compliance and high ethics and confidentiality, advanced demonstration of corporate responsibility and fair treatment of others.
Bachelor degree in finance, economics or related field and a minimum 10 years executive level leadership experience in a financial services and/or holding company required. MBA or equivalent work experience required.
Experience in demonstrating high level of financial services business acumen and intelligence; proven experience in regulatory requirements and compliance; strong leadership experience in achieving results through others; respectable, positive, professional outlook and demeanor; strong written and oral communication skills, sincere listening skills; strong desire to compete and succeed by fostering growth in executive leadership. Merger and acquisition experience preferred.
Established community activities and involvement. A self-user and promotor of technology. PC and Microsoft Office Product proficiency. Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel regionally, as needed.
Foresight Financial Group Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?