Service Technician Trainee
- Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
U.S. News & World Report, a global authority in rankings and consumer advice, on January 11, 2022 announced Exterminator/Pest Control Technician was on the 2022 Best Jobs list. Exterminator was listed as number 6. Now that is something to think about! Come join our team and we will assist you every step of the way.
We have everything you need to make your life easier as you begin a rewarding career in the pest control industry. State specific certification is required; however, we offer a step-by-step training program to assist you on this career journey. Study in house at $18.00 per hour OR we will offer you a $1,000 bonus while you study at home, some restrictions apply. We provide the study materials, as well as paying for your first year’s license (when you pass) and any other testing fees. Once you are a licensed technician you will get a $4.00 per hour increase. All we request from you is that you have a valid driver’s license, ability to pass a back ground check, ability to pass a drug screen and have an acceptable driving record.
Our team is made up of passionate, sharp, polished individuals who enthusiastically represent the Ford’s Hometown Services Inc. brand, which is not only changing the game but raising the bar for the pest management industry. We are proud of our QualityPro accreditation, which only 3% of pest control companies nation-wide have this. Our professional field service teams are the face of Ford’s Hometown Services when interacting with customers and the communities where they work. We want our customer experiences to reach new benchmarks through the innovative services we provide and the care we take with their pest situation.
Blueprint of a Top Service Professional
As a Service Technician, you will serve as an observational pest biologist with a forensic eye. If you like CSI-type shows, pest management is the place for you. Our Service Technicians help people resolve different types of pest issues through their thorough understanding of pest behavior and biology and recommend custom approaches to take for each case. If we do our jobs well, then we will deliver peace of mind to our customers who count on our expertise.
What our top team members are all about:
- Motivated by and thrives off independence - you hit the road and manage your own workday.
- Pride in appearance and belongings - your personal brand has some swagger to it.
- A desire to advance - you have big ideas that can make an impact.
- Work experience - it might not be in pest management, but you have a steady job history over the past 5-7 years.
- Humbled confidence - you know your stuff, but also not afraid to learn more, ask questions, and ask for help when you need it.
- Competent driver - you have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record so we can confidently put you behind the wheel of a company vehicle.
- Communication game is on point - you know what and how to say it, whether it's to a customer or your fellow teammates.
What We Offer at FHS
- $22.00/hr after licensure
- Sales commissions
- Performance bonus
- Wage incentives for additional licensing
- Customer tips from the field app
- Cell phone allowance
- 50% Company match for TUFTS single healthcare plan
- Supplemental insurances offered (dental, eye, disability, etc.)
- Growth opportunities
- All employees are Quality-Pro Certified for exceptional quality
- A family-friendly organizational culture that’s known as "Ford's Family"
- Fun Company events throughout the year
- Health Advocacy
- S-IRA retirement match
- Co. paid life insurance policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company vehicle for commuting
- A clothing allowance of $200 annually
- Cookouts and potluck lunches
- Holiday Party
- Financial planning by Baystate Financial
- Employee discounts on lawn and pest services for your home
- Employee referral bonus program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Birthday gift
- Sunshine Fund
- Employee of the Month
- Anniversary awards
- Employee discounts on personal automobile services, tires & detailing, Hanover Theater benefits, discounted BJ’s membership
- Sick paid time off starts day 1 of employment.
- Paid vacation
- 10 Paid Holidays
- No pest control experience required; we will train you!
- Comprehensive in-field and classroom training programs designed to get you certified, knowledgeable, confident, and prepared to hit the ground running
- We pay for certification exam fees, required training, and license fee for the first year
- On-going training to keep you sharp and ahead of the game on industry trends and developments
Contact us immediately for details or come in and fill out an application.
Ford's Hometown Services, Inc. is proud to be a Drug-free Workplace and QualityPro Accredited with the National Pest Management Association.
Ford's Hometown ServicesWorcester, MA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.