Ford Motor Company is about more than making world-class vehicles – at Ford we Go Further to make people’s lives better.
We do this in every corner of the globe. Ford is both an automotive and mobility company. Across six continents, our employees produce innovative products in our engineering and design centers, research labs and high-tech assembly plants.
And in order to do that, we are looking to attract the top talent like you.
Ford is a place where development is valued for all, and employees are encouraged to learn, build skills and continuously improve year-after-year. When you work at Ford, you and your team will Go Further each day to deliver great products, build a strong business and contribute to a better world.
The distance between you and an amazing career has never been shorter!
This is a position for a design and development electrical hardware engineer with emphasis on Electro Magnetic Compatibility and compliance. You will be part of an engineering team working on next generation modules for vehicles. The successful candidate will be working with a design team to implement circuits, validate circuit implementations, analyze and resolve hardware failures, and be responsible to meet Ford's quality, on time, and maintaining cost targets.
- Design at the module level for EMC compliance using prior knowledge and best practices
- Create a design capable of passing ESD specifications
- Evaluate and resolve issues related to EMC and ESD at the module level
- Insure EMC performance is met when module is integrated into vehicle system
- Work with EMC lab to create test plans, execute them, and interpret the test results
- High Speed digital circuit design to meet section requirements
- Design of circuits using industry standard schematic capture tools
- Layout implementation of responsible subsection
- Design complex high-speed signals that meet impedance requirements
- Worst case analysis of circuits in area of responsibility
- Generate documentation that defines IC pin assignments
- Development of detailed design documents
- Perform failure mode analysis and generate process documentation
- Define stress test routines required to validate functional sections
- Design communication links between the processor, other internal subsections, and external modules
- Formulate test plans to ensure component level performance
- Validation testing to ensure performance over temperature and voltage extremes
- Root cause and resolve issues in assigned sections
- Participate in system design reviews
- Interface closely with other teams such as Software, Mechanical, Manufacturing teams, and with external component suppliers
- Must be willing to travel occasionally
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related degree
- 5+ years of Design Experience with emphasis on High Speed Digital Circuits or EMC design experience
- Prior experience in designing for minimum emissions such as EMC and RF
- Experience in diagnosing and resolving EMC issues like conducted and radiated emissions
- Knowledge of DC supply and control circuits
- Ability to learn fast, and to take ownership of assigned circuit designs
- Familiar with automotive interfaces such as CAN and LIN
- Experience in specialized complex Hardware and Embedded Software systems
- Knowledgeable on microprocessors, solid state memory, cameras, displays and sensors
- Working knowledge of industry standard interfaces such LVDS, DDR, PCI, I2C, and Ethernet
- Excellent hardware and software debugging skills
- Experience working with test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, temperature chambers, time-domain reflectometers, and precision power meters
- Proficient in simulation tools for signal integrity
- Motivated and self-starter
- Strong collaboration and leadership skills
- Knowledge of Blue Tooth
- Ability to communicate effectively with business users and engineering professionals including globally distributed teams; ability to adjust communications appropriately for the audience; work with all levels of management and diverse work groups
Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we are Built Ford Tough. We are one team striving to make people's lives better while creating value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for thewin.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.