Machine Learning Specialist
Job Description & Qualifications:
Ford Global Data Insight and Analytics (GDI&A) is a growing team that is looking for a Machine Learning Specialist to join the Smart Mobility Analytics team. The Smart Mobility Analytics Team develops analytic products and services that are underpinning the next generation of Ford's services in the Mobility Space. These products are part of Ford's mobility strategy to deliver a broad suite of products and services that enhance all layers of the transportation system- vehicles, infrastructure, connectivity and digital services.
The Specialist will lead or work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team of individuals of various levels of experience who will be driving opportunity identification and solution design, development and deployment of machine learning models. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a growing team that will develop technical strategies to drive value from a big data approach to advanced analytics, machine learning and/or cognitive computing.
The position is responsible for serving as both a technical lead and as a thought leader on broad, diverse and complex business problems that have not yet been addressed from an analytical perspective. The position will provide guidance to other members of the team on the use of data preparation techniques and advanced analytics methods for developing models. This position requires an in-depth understanding of deploying models in production. 50% of the time is expected to be hands-on development of models, 30% guiding supporting team members and 20% presentation and business interaction. This is an exciting, hands-on, technical delivery and technical leadership role working on state-of-the-art problems in an intellectually challenging and rewarding environment.
- Leading and/or contributing to the definition of an overarching big-data-driven approach to advanced analytics strategy and architecture.
- Influence the strategic direction by identifying opportunities in large, rich data sets and creating and implementing data driven strategies that fuel growth.
- Promote innovative ways to visualize and digest complex data. Create visualizations to connect disparate data, find patterns and tell engaging stories.
- Working with and managing cross-functional teams to discover and develop actionable, high-impact data analytics need and opportunity statements in a variety of business areas.
- Working with business domain, IT and data experts to identify detailed data needs, sources, and structure to support solution development and deployment.
- Develop methods for preparing analytical datasets
- Help develop best practices for model development, documentation, implementation, and validation.
- Deploy statistical/machine learning models into a platform or application
- Develop and maintain performance monitoring on models and scorecards
- Collaborate with product managers in integrating models in applications.
- Develop and maintains a strong network of advanced analytics professionals, experts, and researchers that can be used to socialize ideas and maintain an innovative approach to solving complex problems
- 2+ years' experience developing visualizations using applications such as Tableau, Qlik or Python.
- 2+ years' experience with R, Python, SAS, MatLab, Java, SAS or other analytic / development platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in CS, Math, Physics, Engineering, or related discipline is required.
- Master's Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics, Engineering or a related field
- Advanced technical degree in engineering, operations research, and/or machine learning/predictive analytics modeling or related degree with 5+ years of experience successfully applying advanced analytics
- Track record of delivering at least one large scale predictive advanced analytics model from conception to production (i.e. starting with hundreds of variables, tens of Terabytes of data, ten or more data sources, and deployed into production IT solutions.)
- Substantial experience with machine learning models.
- Demonstration of mastery at scale of at least one advanced analytics methodology
- Previous experience working with mobility, transportation, and urban planning problems
- Deep learning software and methods, and/or modern Artificial Intelligence toolsets
- Technical competency in Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence (Statistical/Predictive Modeling/Natural Language Processing) Optimization (Linear/Nonlinear/Stochastic/Dynamic), or Discrete Event Simulation
- Strong business acumen and a deep strategic mindset
- Excellent leadership/influence skills with proven ability to facilitate large cross-functional and multi-cultural teams
- Excellent communication and networking skills
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Auto req ID:
Ford Motor Company
Smart Mobility Analytics