eDrive Systems & Safety Engineer - Electrified Powertrain
Job Description & Qualifications:
Ford Product Development is utilizing Design Thinking & User Experience methods to deliver breakthrough products and services that will delight our customers. Our employees are laser-focused on bringing innovative, exciting, and sustainable ideas to life. From autonomy and electrification, to smart mobility technologies, our Product Development teams around the world are working together with excitement to make smart vehicles for a smart world.
At Ford Motor Company, we are dedicated to designing, manufacturing and delivering high quality vehicles that meet the diverse needs of our customers. Ford is a global leader in the area of vehicle electrification. The Electrified Powertrain Engineering (EPE) organization's vision is to anticipate and innovate smart electrified powertrains and features that deliver exciting and rewarding consumer experiences resulting in a profitable xEV business for a smart world.
- Develop and cascade Core eDrive System requirements to meet vehicle level cascaded requirements.
- Develop and release Design Verification (DV) Test Methods for the eDrive System team.
- Collaborate with teams external to eDrive to ensure proper requirement / interface alignment between eDrive and other vehicle subsystems.
- Serve as eDrive representative at electrified powertrain safety-related review forums.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify safety standards and regulatory requirements applicable to eDrive. Derive subsystem level safety requirements and validation methods as appropriate.
- Collaborate with Functional Safety teams throughout the company to ensure consistent application of the ISO 26262 standard.
- Assist application teams assess supplier Functional Safety work product documentation for completeness.
- Interface with hardware and software engineering teams to ensure proper cascade / allocation of functional and technical safety requirements.
- Prepare and present project status reports at team / management reviews.
- Establish self as the go-to person within team for assessing eDrive technologies against corporate aligned Functional Safety process and regulatory based safety requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or related engineering degree, Minimum 3.0 Overall GPA
- 2+ years of Systems Engineering experience, which may include related internships and coursework projects
- 2 +years of demonstrated experience developing component / system requirements and engineering specifications, which may include related internships and coursework projects
- Master's degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Systems Engineering
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills, self-motivated, eager to take responsibility and deliver results with minimal supervision
- Experience communicating technical information concisely in team / management reviews
- Working knowledge of Hybrid / xEV powertrain system designs
- Prior experience applying safety standards / regulations (e.g. ISO 26262, FMVSS 305, etc.) to automotive safety projects or similar experience in a non-automotive industry
- Demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams and driving product development issues to resolution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - ability to organize multiple inputs into succinct summary and manageable discussion
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, TN visa holders may be considered.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Auto req ID:
Ford Motor Company
EPE(Electrified Powetrain Engineering)