With safety and quality workmanship as a priority, the Job Superintendent oversees the job site installation of the audio, video, lighting systems, as sold and to the satisfaction of the customer. The job responsibilities include: managing a crew of 2 to 6 installers; pulling wire; harnessing racks, patch bays and mixing consoles; erecting and disassembling scaffolding; installing equipment; testing and trouble-shooting wiring and equipment. The successful candidate is driven by quality customer service and is seeking a long-term employment opportunity. The ability to play a musical instrument and/ or read music as well as a personal interest in electronics, music, sound, lighting, video, and/or security systems is preferred.
- Ability to Travel Required
- Prior Experience with Commercial and/or AV Installation
- Proficient in the use of Basic Hand and Power Tools
- Ability to Solder and Crimp Connectors (XLR, RJ45, TRS, BNC, and F-CONN)
- Ability to Read and Interpret Construction and AV Drawings
- Audio DSP Platform Certification (Ex. Biamp, ClearOne, Polycom) Preferred
- Video Processing Platform Certification (Ex. Extron, Jupiter, Christie) Preferred
- Control System Platform Certification (Ex. AMX, Crestron, Extron) Preferred
- CTS or CTS-I Certification Preferred
- PC Skills (Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Basic Electronics Knowledge or Training
- Associates Degree in Electronics or Construction Management Preferred
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Must Possess a Valid Driver’s License With Clean Driving Record
- Ability to Work at Heights, on Lifts & Ladders Required
- Prior Supervisor or Management Experience Preferred
Compensation & Benefits:
Ford offers on-going industry training, competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, short-term disability and life insurance, travel Per Diem, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, 401k with matching, industry certifications and opportunities for advancement.
Ford is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace and, therefore, personnel in safety- sensitive positions are subject to drug testing. Moreover, pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion and/or post-accident drug testing may be conducted in accordance with company policy and all applicable laws in order to ensure a safe and healthy work environment. All applicants for this position tentatively selected for employment at Ford are subject to pre-employment drug testing and a final offer of employment is contingent upon a negative drug test result.
AV, A/V, Audio Video, Audio-Video, Audiovisual, Audio Visual, Videoconferencing, Telepresence, Digital Signage, Sound Systems, Audio Systems, Audio Design, Video Systems, Video Design, Video Production, Audio Production, Audio Video Contractor, Audio Engineering, Unified Communications, Broadcast, Control Systems, Digital Culture, Technical Theater, Digital Design, Lighting Design, Communication Systems, Sound Engineer, A/V Integration, A/V Integrator, Sound Engineer, Electronic Installation, Commercial Construction, Telecommunications, Interactive Media, CTS Certification, Infocomm, Avixa
Ford Audio-Video Systems
Why Work Here?Established in 1973, Ford AV employs 550+ with offices across the United States. As an AV commercial integrator, Ford installs systems in arenas, airports, entertainment venues, houses of worship, healthcare facilities, corporate offices, schools and even stadiums. Typical AV systems include digital signage, video walls, sound systems, and videoconferencing. In addition, Ford designs intricate lighting systems for performance halls and broadcast television. Ford also installs network operation centers (NOC) for telecommunication providers and systems within command and control rooms for the US military. Most systems are digital, controlled using software designed by Ford’s engineers and consistently monitored by two dedicated software development teams. Recognized as one of the top audio-video integrators in the nation, Ford AV is known for installing some of the largest and most complex AV projects for ExxonMobil, AT&T, Houston Intercontinental Airport, State Farm, Fannie Mae, Apple, Denver International Airport, Broncos Stadium, U.S. House of Representatives, and the Cyber Warfare Integration Center for the U.S. Military. You can learn more about Ford AV's projects here: https://www.fordav.com/industries/
Big Name Clients (Apple, Hulu, Indeed, etc), Amazing Projects (Arenas, Airports, Entertainment Venues), and Limitless Room to Grow!