Ford & Sons, is a fifth-generation family owned business with locations in Cape Girardeau, Jackson, Perryville, and Benton, Missouri looking for a licensed funeral director and embalmer. This individual will be responsible for planning, organizing and directing funerals for the families we have the privilege to serve. Their responsibility will be planning inspiring/unique services through their guidance, creativity, and support as well as performing the embalming process. This individual will be one of many contacts between our families and the rest of the Ford & Sons team to ensure the expectations of families and their guests are being exceeded.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Effective Communicator - consistently communicates with clarity and thoroughness to optimize audience understanding. Communicates information in a clear, concise and timely manner.
- Emotional Intelligence - demonstrates consideration for the feelings and needs of others
- Integrity - maintains high degree of ethical standards in all business activities and decisions
- Listening - give one’s attention, take notice of, and act on what someone says: respond to advice
- Teamwork - process of working collaboratively with a group of people in order to achieve a goal
- Must have met education and license requirements to be both a Licensed Missouri Funeral Director and Licensed Missouri Embalmer.
- Responsible for meeting with 50 to 70 families a year
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced with Word, Excel, Photoshop, and Outlook and can easily learn technology software
- This position requires working every other weekend one day off during the week and a weeknight regarding “on-call” schedule.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the company in execution of funeral-related services
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, involved instructions; to deal with problems having several concrete variables in or from standardized situations
- Possession of valid driver’s license is required with an insurable driving record
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- High level of compassion, integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Must be flexible and able to function in a fast-paced environment
- Competitive salary based off years of skill set and experience
- Paid vacation based on length of employment with our team
- 401-K and match, HSA option and optional match
- Support team to provide you the time and resources to fully serve our families
- Overtime pay for any hours worked over 40-hour work week
- Flexible work schedule
- We value strong work/family balance and have a very flexible on call schedule
- Our family values the balance between compensation, quality of life and feeling rewarded with your daily activities
- Funeral Director: 1 year (Preferred)
- Embalmer: 1 year (Preferred)
- Licensed Missouri Funeral Director (Required)
- Licensed Missouri and or Illinois Embalmer (Required)