*******Relocation Package Available, Position is located in Cape Girardeau, MO********
*******Embalmer Apprentices welcomed to APPLY***********
Ford & Sons, is a fifth-generation family-owned business with locations in Cape Girardeau, Jackson, Perryville, and Benton, Missouri looking for a licensed funeral director and embalmer. This individual will be responsible for planning, organizing and directing funerals for the families we have the privilege to serve. Their responsibility will be planning inspiring/unique services through their guidance, creativity, and support as well as performing the embalming process. This individual will be one of many contacts between our families and the rest of the Ford & Sons team to ensure the expectations of families and their guests are being exceeded.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Effective Communicator - consistently communicates with clarity and thoroughness to optimize audience understanding. Communicates information in a clear, concise and timely manner.
- Emotional Intelligence - demonstrates consideration for the feelings and needs of others
- Integrity - maintains high degree of ethical standards in all business activities and decisions
- Listening - give one’s attention, take notice of, and act on what someone says: respond to advice
- Teamwork - process of working collaboratively with a group of people in order to achieve a goal
- Must have met education and license requirements to be both a Licensed Missouri Funeral Director and Licensed Missouri Embalmer.
- Responsible for meeting with 50 to 70 families a year
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced with Word, Excel, Photoshop, and Outlook and can easily learn technology software
- This position requires working every other weekend one day off during the week and a weeknight regarding “on-call” schedule.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the company in execution of funeral-related services
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, involved instructions; to deal with problems having several concrete variables in or from standardized situations
- Possession of valid driver’s license is required with an insurable driving record
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- High level of compassion, integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Must be flexible and able to function in a fast-paced environment
- Competitive salary based off years of skill set and experience
- Paid vacation based on length of employment with our team
- 401-K and match, HSA option and optional match
- Support team to provide you the time and resources to fully serve our families
- Overtime pay for any hours worked over 40-hour work week
- Flexible work schedule
- We value strong work/family balance and have a very flexible on call schedule
- Our family values the balance between compensation, quality of life and feeling rewarded with your daily activities
- Funeral Director: 1 year (Preferred)
- Embalmer: 1 year (Preferred)
- Licensed Funeral Director (Required)
- Licensed Embalmer (Required)
Cape Girardeau has multiple private and parochial schools and more than 50 churches call Cape Girardeau home. The City of Cape Girardeau also maintains 23 individual parks that offer biking, fishing, sports and other activities. Cape Girardeau is also just 10 miles south of
Trail of Tears State Park. Cape Girardeau is the ideal place to live, work and play.
Ford & Sons Funeral Home
Why Work Here?We are located in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, which is 2 hours south of Saint Louis and 2 hours north of Memphis. Cape Girardeau has a welcoming small-town feel. Cape Girardeau is the right-size alternative to big city living. We have two state-of-the-art hospitals within city limits. Southeast Missouri State University welcomes more than 10,000 students from the region and across the world every day. Cape Girardeau has multiple private and parochial schools and more than 50 churches call Cape Girardeau home. The City of Cape Girardeau also maintains 23 individual parks that offer biking, fishing, sports and other activities. Cape Girardeau is also just 10 miles south of Trail of Tears State Park. Cape Girardeau is the ideal place to live, work and play.
Ford & Sons is a company to grow with.
Des Moines, IA