Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people's intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
The Senior Director of Software Engineering is responsible for managing a team of software engineers within the Forcepoint Endpoint Engineering Organization. The position is responsible for developing a highly skilled team of software engineers, which deliver high quality software, on time while adhering to Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) practices, policies and standards. The position is also responsible for developing a culture of engineering innovation and continuous improvement within the team. Collaborates with other engineering and functional leaders to establish strategic plans and objectives. Makes decisions on software engineering matters and ensures achievement of objectives.
- Architect, design and manage ongoing improvements to delivery, deployment and customer experiences with Forcepoint Endpoint releases and associated products.
- Provide overall leadership of the software engineering team
- Recruit, hire, train, and develop the engineering team members in order to meet current and future talent requirements
- Collaborate with product management to develop and maintain technology and product roadmaps
- Ensure software development and system integration activities are completed in accordance with project plans
- Lead analytical problem-solving activities, using proven methodologies to efficiently close technical issues