- Expired: January 21, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
To support operational growth, Forbes Bros is currently recruiting a self-directed, client focused, Project Manager to support projects across the Southeast Carolinas.
The Project Manager provides overall guidance and management for one or more construction projects with responsibility for ensuring compliance with Client requirements and ensuring that Company internal requirements for safety, quality, schedule, and cost are met for each assigned project.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Safety Ownership on the project
- Responsible for project team focus on Safety, Quality and Productivity
- Accountable to maintain the budget for the project, reporting any variances to Operations
- Read, review and understand the project requirements, scope of work and complete transmission line work contract package
- Plan, direct, supervise, and control the execution of all business, fiscal, and administrative functions of the assigned project
- Oversee the overall execution of the project and work with technical and support managers to adjust schedule, personnel and equipment to ensure project is completed on time and on budget
- Works with Construction Managers and Project Engineers to develop budgets, schedules, and plans for the various elements of a project
- Proactively manage and review the project management team and ensure they are meeting the goals and requirements of the contract and Client
- Review and clarify technical requirements with Construction Managers and Quality Managers
- Promotes technical and commercial excellence on the project through application of Quality Assurance processes
- Communicate project performance to Senior Management
- Acts as the Company representative with the client and selected subcontractors during the project planning, execution and overall lifecycle
- Negotiates with the client and key subcontractors
- Responsible for following up on instructions and commitments associated with the project
- Assigns responsibility for executing project plans to key members of the project team after careful assessment of how to utilize their qualifications and strengths
- Mobilizes company resources, through liaison with support departments, other offices, or subsidiaries, to create project teams capable of completing effective, quality work
- Provides input to performance reviews and development plans for subordinates
- Ensures that the project meets or exceeds goals established in these plans
- Works with the key project individual to devise and execute actions plans to rectify potential cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work
- Acts as Company representative to Client within limits of authority
Education and Experience
- Preferred education includes a bachelor level degree (B.S.) in Construction Management, an Engineering discipline related to the Company's work, or similar technical degree. A combination of experience and education will be considered.
- More than 10 Years leading construction projects preferably in a field involving linear construction such as electrical transmission or pipeline.
- Capable of providing direction to administrative and field support staff; capable of directing and coordinating installation crews; capable of managing multiple concurrent projects
Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects/activities in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Understanding of sub-scopes and sub-trades.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Highly effective at building and managing client/vendors relationships
- Flexible, willing to work long hours if required.
- A self-motivated individual that requires minimum supervision and with goal and team-oriented attitude.
- Ability to coach and mentor
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Communicates effectively (written and Verbal) all levels of management, and industry contacts.
This position requires candidates to:
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- A Valid Driver's licenses and acceptable divers abstract is required
What We Offer:
Forbes Bros offers an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit plan and a rewarding 401k program. Forbes Bros has an open and team-oriented culture that focuses on communication, innovation and respect in the workplace!
Forbes Bros is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equity and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.
Forbes Bros Ltd.
ConstructionView all jobs at Forbes Bros Ltd.