To support operational growth, FB Timberline is looking for a Heavy Duty Mechanic to join our team. Reporting to the Construction Manager, the Mechanic maintains, repairs and maintains vehicles and heavy equipment at our Project in Nebraska.
· Perform preventative and corrective maintenance of all systems associated with work equipment (mechanical, electrical and hydraulic)
· Conduct inspections and tests, repair or replace parts with limited resources in remote locations outdoors in all types of weather conditions
· Evaluate parts for reuse, repair or replacement
· Use various hand and power hand tools
· Diagnose equipment problems and take corrective action in order to minimize the impact on crew production
· Adapts to new methods, processes, material and equipment
· Prepare and submit equipment maintenance records, time sheets, etc.
· Follows prescribed safety procedures including the use of safety clothing and equipment
· Ensures cleanliness and organization of tools and equipment, loading/unloading and storage of equipment, maintaining service truck
· Working on heavy duty equipment such as Excavators, Dozers and Backhoes
· Responsible to complete all permits, paperwork, and logbooks associated with service trucks
· Self-directed, outgoing personality and a team player
· Well organized with attention to detail
· Service orientated with strong communication skills
· Ability to deal effectively with others in a diverse environment
· Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage timelines effectively
Education and Experience:
· Heavy Duty Mechanic Certification from accredited Technical or Secondary College
· CDL Class A required
· Mechanical aptitude
· 5-8 years field experience
· Hydraulic and crane experience considered an asset
This position is field based – requiring candidates to:
Have and maintain a valid CDL acceptable driver's abstract
FB Timberline offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefit package, matching 401K, and rewarding career opportunities!
FB Timberline is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equity and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.
Over that period Forbes Bros has grown geographically as well as through acquisition. Forbes Bros has acquired three powerline construction companies; RS Line Contr. Co in 1997, Interlake Powerline in 2014 and Timberline Construction in 2017. Forbes Bros has also diversified its operations with several acquisitions over the last several years; Summit Telecom and HDI Hydrovac Services in 2016 and Bullet Boring in 2017.
Forbes Bros currently has its head office in Edmonton, Alberta with Canadian corporate offices located in Calgary (AB), Prince Albert (SK), Winnipeg (MB) and Toronto (ON).
Forbes Bros fleet management team has the experience and capability to meet the needs of multiple large-scale transmission projects simultaneously. With over 2500 pieces of owned construction equipment including 6 full sets of stringing gear, an experienced team of field mechanics who are deployed on every project, and 6 major repair shops across North America, Forbes Bros is capable of surging up to meet any project size or timeline.