Digital Media Specialist
- Over a month ago
Full-Time, Remote Position
Forbes Books has an exciting opportunity for a talented digital marketing professional who is looking to contribute to the success of a growing organization that is revolutionizing an entire industry. As the Digital Media Specialist (DMS), you will be responsible for developing and executing initiatives that drive customer results and satisfaction. You will focus on supporting clients as they build their authority through the creation and optimization of their personal brand website, specifically strategizing and executing on their website visibility, on-site experience goals, and on engaging their website audience beyond the website (through email nurturing campaigns that move them to take a desired action).
The successful candidate will have an analytical and strategic marketing communications mindset and will work internally with web developers, content strategists, designers, and the member experience team to accomplish the clients' goals. They will serve as a client-facing team member that specializes in marketing project management, analyzing data, guiding a client through the reasoning behind specific metrics, sharing best practices, and executing multiple campaigns seamlessly.
Forbes Books works with top-tier business professionals to position, promote, and market them as the authority, thought leader, and expert in their field. Forbes Books offers two primary services, a thought leadership marketing suite and book writing, publishing and promotions programs.
The mission of the Digital Media Specialist is to provide exceptional delivery of Digital Media services to Members, management of $1.5M+ in ARR, and cultivate a 50%+ Member renewal rate.
Expected Outcomes the DMS is Accountable for:
- Serve as a digital marketing & engagement subject matter expert (SME) and “account manager” for select Members. Satisfy clients through innovative, data-informed strategies and campaigns that wow them and help elevate their brand visibility. Key measures would be positive client feedback, campaign results, and member renewals.
- Annual Digital Media & Engagement Services member churn of <50%. Deliver “Raving Fan” service, both personally and through the Digital Media & Engagement Services team. Guide internal training, build systems and reinforce a culture of high attention to detail to create positive member experiences.
- Evolve and Improve our Digital Media & Engagement Offerings. Evolution of website and email nurturing campaign products and services as measured by efficiency and quality of service delivery and the impact of these solutions on the overall authority-building result for our clients.
- Assess the client’s key messages, target audience, tone/voice, and objectives/goals. The DMS will use this intel to support the creation of a member’s personal brand website, content development, and types of engagement campaigns. The DMS will create a content execution plan to accomplish defined goals for brand strategy, visitor attraction, and on-site experience goals. The DMS also works closely with our internal team members and has exceptional communication skills.
- Analyze website and email campaign data, report results to clients and shift direction to align with the future needs and goals of the content. The DMS will leverage creative strategies, a growing portfolio of media assets, and best practices in SEO to help optimize site results.
- Lead client email engagement program to help clients build enduring customer relationships across their customer journey. Develop campaign frameworks (templates), then work together with the client and internal copywriters and designers to develop personalized copy, audience segmentation, and testing plan for each campaign, where appropriate.
- Manage email execution, including build, testing, and sends. Manage subscriber lists and ensure email best practices for delivery and list health are being followed.
- Have a creative design mindset and be able to utilize Canva, when needed. Work with our design team, when needed, to create and modify existing HTML email templates using the latest mobile-friendly and responsive design techniques.
- Develop testing strategies and reporting, proactively monitoring and analyzing key email metrics to identify and implement opportunities for continuous campaign optimization
- Own day-to-day responsibility for our email engagement software tool (Mailchimp), provide product roadmap feedback and ideas to our software partner, and engage with them when service and support needs and updates arise.
- Provide best-in-class expertise to inform and educate clients about how to leverage their personal brand website and email engagement program to further their authority-building strategy. Serve as an advisor on website and email technology, techniques, and trends.
- Social expertise
- Project management, disciplined PM (Monday)
- to effectively manage their workload, collaborate with internal team and report updates on tasks and hours to complete Dickens distribution
- Executive Presence. Articulate communicator (both written and verbal) polished and impressive in front of an audience of co-workers, C-level clients, or prospects.
- Flexibility/Adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Operational Excellence. Proactively seeks ways to streamline processes for efficiency without sacrificing quality.
- Organization & Planning. Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities. Able to forecast and predict business performance.
- Proactivity. Acts without being told what to do. Has the ability to foresee needs before they arise.
- Work ethic. Possesses a sense of urgency and a track record of working hard to meet deadlines.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 2+ years' client-facing experience in digital media and passion for providing proactive service.
- Proficiency in marketing automation technology and content marketing best practices.
- Fluency with website experience and customer journey management strategies, tools, and SEO/CRO best practices.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities, and strong project management, time management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to see the big picture and develop a long-term roadmap and strategy while also being comfortable in the weeds, tackling all aspects of a project hands-on.
- Demonstrated ease, facility, and interest in working with data and A/B testing, including standard email engagement and web analytics tools (such as Google Analytics).
- Demonstrated ability to manage a large number of concurrent campaigns and conceptualize data collection and segmentation strategies.
- Knowledge of database and email marketing best practices i.e., deployment, testing, deliverability, performance analysis, CAN-SPAM laws, and database hygiene.
- Excellent marketing copywriting and editing skills.
- Proven track record in creating innovative and targeted email marketing programs that generate desired results.
- Experience crafting and executing A/B tests for website and email optimization.
- Skilled at creating genuine and relatable customer stories and content with a focus on great business outcomes.
- Computer proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word, Google suite, and Mailchimp. Experience with Monday.com is a plus.
- Proficiency with Google Analytics is a must.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or communications discipline or equivalent experience required.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This is a remote-enabled position. This role regularly uses a laptop as well as online cloud-based file management systems (such as Dropbox, Google Drive, etc) and participates in online video-based (Zoom, Google Meet) calls. This role may, on occasion, need to use standard office equipment such as phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- The Team Member is regularly required to sit, stand, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, keyboard, and telephone. Near visual acuity is required in order to work with computers.
- May occasionally require the Team Member to stoop, kneel, or crouch. Team Member should be able to sit for an extended period of time.
- Team Member may be occasionally required to perform light to moderate lifting of office supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Forbes Books is an entrepreneurial, high-growth company with opportunities for advancement and lots of upward mobility. Professional development programs are offered. We offer great Vacation/PTO benefits, a great Medical/Dental/Vision program, 401(k) with company contribution, and other nice perks. Forbes Books has a solid reputation for being a great place to work and we highly value the commitment and contribution of those on our team.
Forbes Books is headquartered in Charleston, SC. The position is remote optional and reports to the Chief Marketing Officer. Team Members are eligible for health, dental and vision benefits on the first day of the month after thirty (30) days of employment. Eligibility for all other benefits is at ninety (90) days of employment.
Powered by JazzHR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?