Are you looking for an entry-level position in the medical field to begin your career? Are you in the medical field and seeking to learn and contribute your skills in a different role? Would you like to interact with top physicians and hospital staffs, while having the ability to use innovative medical technologies?
We are looking for highly-motivated individuals to join our operations team. Our extensive training program allows our laser technicians to provide support to surgeons in the operating room in order to deliver the best outcome for patients. Join our company - you CAN make a difference.
Job Location: Richmond, VA
- Deliver medical laser equipment to hospitals and surgery centers for use in scheduled procedures.
- Operate surgical laser and other medical devices, and provide technical laser guidance to surgeons and staff prior to and during surgery.
- Perform pre-operative checklists, sterilization, laser calibrations and completes required paperwork.
- Review patient procedure requirements with surgeons and staff before the case.
- Conduct medical equipment inventories.
- Practice safe vehicle operations, safe workplace practices and laser safety techniques.
- Create a team oriented working relationship with both ForTec employees and client employees.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
- Basic computer skills.
- Prior medical, EMT, Surgical Technologist, or military experience is a plus, but not required. If you are eager to learn, we will train you.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with some early mornings or occasional evening cases; occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Ability to push, pull or manipulate over 50 pounds of medical equipment.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Professional demeanor.
- Independent working atmosphere.
- Build relations with physicians and medical professionals at multiple medical facilities.
- Train with the top medical technologies.
- 401k plan with generous company match (to qualified employees).
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Health and Wellness Rewards Program.
- Generous PTO allowance.
- Computer Skills: Some Knowledge
- Collaboration: Advanced
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Advanced
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- High School or better
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License