Footprint Chandler, AZ
- Expired: August 07, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a Material Engineer/Scientist at Footprint you will develop, process, and test materials used to create a range of sustainable customer products including bowls, cups, and lids. The engineer/scientist will study the properties and structures of paper and pulp to create products that meet sustainability requirements.
Education and Experience:
* B.S. or M.S. in Chemistry, Materials Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Food Science
* Understanding of Fiber chemistry, slurry chemistry, basic chemistry skills
* 2 4 years of work experience in degree-related position
* Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment
* Evaluate and provide recommendations for next steps based on the outcome of research results
* Provide detail reports that include data driven points to prove/disprove the experimental findings
* Efficiently provide feedback on statistical data and graphs
* Be able to organize large data sets while providing a clear outcome of what the significance of the data represents
* Know how to build and execute a DOE (Design of Experiment)
* Have the capacity to quickly learn new skills and execute projects independently with minimal verbal or written instruction.
* Clear communication within your group and externally
* Strong presentation skills for internal and customer interface
Responsibilities and Duties:
* Develop new or modify current testing procedures that help evaluate the performance of production or prototype parts.
* Conduct tests on raw materials to understand if the product meets the quality standards and success criteria.
* Testing may include cook testing with product specific foods, strength testing on an Instron 3365, thickness testing, Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) to measure dimensions of parts, Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM), Keyence Digital Electron Microscope, and Shelf-life testing: Be able to provide a shelf-life profile that will simulate real world scenarios to evaluate food product shelf-life.
* Customer interface experience. Within each of these technology groups, the material lead will work with the platform manager, sales, and customer in collaboration to bring a project to production.
* Provide and execute a detailed DOE that fully evaluates the strength integrity, shelf-life of the product, or cook testing parameters.
* Present out DOE in weekly group discussions and define a plan that aligns to the success criteria of the customer.
* Provide weekly updates in group meetings to inform coworkers on progress and new findings within the respected technology.
* Highlight major findings and define next steps needed to take to validate the results.
* Take pictures and videos of findings to present out results.
* Define new spray coating parameters for cups, trays, bowls etc.
* Prototype and production setting need to be defined and validated once product is ready to launch.
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
* Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
* Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
* Short Term & Long Term Disability
* Training & Development
ScienceView all jobs at Footprint