Sports Performance Trainer
- Expired: January 08, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: Sports Performance Trainer
Rate $24.13 per hour
Foothills Park and Recreation District is seeking Sport Performance Trainers for team and individual training sessions and a variety of high intensity training classes. This is a part time position (up to 28 hours per week). Hours vary, and include early morning, evening and weekend shifts.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Fitness Personal Training & Sport Performance Specialist, this position is responsible for conducting Sport Performance group training programs, individual training sessions, and individual and group physical assessments. Trainer will be responsible for the design and implementation of safe, sound exercise programs for teams and individuals. The Sport Performance Trainer has the knowledge and skills to coach teams and individuals regarding athletic performance techniques, proper weight lifting techniques, and standard exercise protocols.
- Conduct health risk assessments and consultations while maintaining a high level of confidentiality; keep detailed and accurate records of client information and progress. Educate and inform clients on safe and appropriate strength, performance, and conditioning practices.
- Conduct physical activity assessments that may include; sub maximal VO2 tests, skin fold measures, blood pressure, variety of protocols to measure agility, power, muscular strength/endurance, cardiovascular endurance, flexibility, and balance.
- Design and implement individual and team performance programs
- Ensure workout routines are appropriate to each participant's health status, health history, and ability levels.
- Advises clients on methods to realistically set and meet their specific strength, conditioning, and performance goals.
- Demonstrate and assist with proper techniques, form and usage of cardiovascular, strength, conditioning, and performance equipment.
- Ensure participant safety by observing and modifying intensity levels and individual execution of techniques accordingly.
- Administer first aid; assist in emergency medical situations. Reports all accidents and incidents.
- Respond to public inquiries in a courteous manner; provide information within the area of assignment; resolve complaints in an efficient and timely manner.
- Maintain positive client relations by conducting individual and group training sessions with professionalism and by scheduling appointments and follow-up consultations as needed.
- Communicate issues/complaints to supervisor as needed.
- Attend ALL staff meetings, trainings, and orientations.
- Attend work on a regular, reliable and punctual basis; responsible for securing substitutions for any coverage necessary for shifts unable to work, attempt to cover shifts/substitute for co-workers when available.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbents may be required to follow any other instructions, and to perform any other related duties, as may be required.
90% of the work is performed indoors working in a physical training environment with frequent interruptions and distractions. Must be able to work in an environment with various temperatures, poor acoustics and an array of distractions, i.e. music, weather conditions, etc. In performance of job duties outdoors may be exposed to: various terrains, extreme cold, heat, sun, wet, humid, or windy conditions. Regular exposure to grasses, fertilizers, molds, dust and pesticides.
Must be able to demonstrate and perform the exercises unique to Exercise Fitness. Must have the ability to bend, walk, kneel, stoop, and reach, in performance of duties. Must be able to push, pull or balance. Must be able to remain standing for an extended period of time up to a maximum of four hours. May occasionally require unassisted lifting of up to 50 pounds and assisted lifting up to 100 pounds. Vision requirements include near acuity, far acuity, and depth perception. Must have the ability to talk and hear via the telephone and through face-to-face communication.
Experience and Skills
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in Exercise Science, Athletic Training, or directly related field and/or two (2) years experience in Health/Fitness Education, Health Promotion or Wellness related field; or any equivalent combination of acceptable education and years of experience. Must have additional training and certification in strength, conditioning and performance.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Current specialty certification in personal training with sport performance concentration from an accepted national certifying organization and must be maintained through Continuing Education Credits (CEC's) as required. (ex NSCA CSCS)
- Possession of current certifications in CPR/AED required.
- First Aid certification preferred.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- Operates all equipment associated with fitness area operations, including exercise and weight training equipment.
- Considerable knowledge in all areas of fitness including strength training, aerobic training, flexibility, exercise selection and training intensity and duration for various goals.
- Basic knowledge in nutrition.
As a Part-Time Foothills employee, benefits include:
- Competitive pay
- Flexible schedule
- FREE use of our recreation/fitness centers, swimming pools, and ice arena
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf
- Wellness Program
- Scholarship Program
Creating Community, Enhancing Health, Inspiring Play! We fulfill our mission by providing a variety of recreational services, programs and activities for both youth and adults. We operate three recreation centers, two golf courses, a two-sheet ice arena, swimming pools, and two indoor sports facilities. In addition, we maintain 68 park sites and over 30 miles in trails. Joining our team means you will contribute to the well-being of your community.
Foothills Park & Recreation District
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at Foothills Park & Recreation District