Full-time Medical Assistant needed for a fast paced medical clinic.
- Our MA's have a 4 day work week!
- Competitive pay.
- Assists providers with patient care and treatment.
- Facilitates the efficient delivery of patient care, supports the professional staff and provides support and assistance as directed by licensed staff in rendering basic healthcare to the patient.
- Assists with clerical functions as a multi-skilled worker.
- 1. Is on-time and in attendance for scheduled shifts.
- 2. Complies with all clinic policies and procedures, especially patient confidentiality requirements.
- 3. Prepares patients for examinations and diagnostic procedures according to clinic procedures such as recording vital signs, temperatures, pulse rate, blood pressure and responses to standardized medical history questions.
- 4. Ensures patient medical information, is entered correctly into the clinic computer system.
- 5. Call patients with lab or other test results as instructed by the provider, entering data into the computer system.
- 6. May perform CLIA Waived Lab tests such as urine dip stick, Hbg, Hct, finger stick, glucose, hemoccults, hCg and reports results to the appropriate personnel. May perform patient phlebotomy in accordance with clinic procedures and physician orders after specialized training.
- 7. Performs specialty skills such as suture removal, and injections (IM, subq and intradermal).
- 8. Acts as a chaperone for health care providers during patient examination and assists with procedures.
- 9. Monitors and cleans assigned patient examination rooms and equipment, reports outdated supplies, supply levels and restocks items.
- 10. Completes assigned “side jobs” such as instrument cleaning and preparation, surgery room cleaning and stocking and other clinic wide duties.
- 11. Answers telephones, forwards telephone messages, schedules appointments, procedures and diagnostic testing.
- 12. Assists in routine clerical functions such as filing medical information in patient records, locating and compiling charts in electronic medical records, obtaining medical records from other providers and other duties as assigned.
- 13. Attends and completes mandatory in-service training including infection control, safety, CPR, equipment usage and clinic policies and procedures.
- 14. Attends mandatory staff meetings.
- 15. May apply leads and monitors for diagnostic procedures such as EKG.
- 16. May assist in patient and family education by providing educational material and general health information to patients and family members.
- 17. Complete all meaningful use requirements necessary for the EHR system.
- 18. Any other duties assigned.
- Completion of a certified Medical Assistant program or current certification as an EMT-Intermediate
- Basic Life Support Health Care Provider card or obtain one within one month of hire
- Demonstrated human relation and effective communication skills required
- Demonstrated proficiency in clinical skills must be demonstrated within six weeks of hire
- Mental Demands
- The ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time is required.
- The ability to calmly act in stressful situations is required.
This position requires light to moderate work, the ability to be on your feet for long periods of time, of reaching for and handling equipment, the ability to lift up to twenty-five pounds, and the ability to assist patients in moving on and off of examination tables and procedure tables