We are seeking a Medical Assistant in Podiatry to become part of our team! You will perform routine administrative and clinical assignments to keep the medical facility running smoothly. This is a fast paced environment and you must have the ability to multi task and pay attention to detail.
- Perform routine clinical tasks to support medical staff
- Escort patients to exam rooms
- Perform procedures or therapies under supervision of physician.
- Assist physician in exam rooms.
- Escort patients to exam rooms, interviews patients, measure vital signs, including weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and document all information in patient’s electronic medical record.
- Give instructions to patients as instructed by physician.
- Ensure all related reports, labs and information is filed and is available in patients’ electronic medical records prior to their appointment
- Keep exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintain instruments, prepare sterilization as required.
- Take telephone messages and provide feedback and answers to patient/physician/pharmacy calls.
- Triage and process messages from patients and front office staff to physician(s).
- Assist with maintaining logs and required checks (i.e. inventory sheets, expired medications or supplies) and notifies lead MA.
- All other duties as assigned by lead MA, office manager, or physician.
- Previous experience in a clinical setting with at least one (1) year preferred. Attended a technical school in Medical Assistant program
- Familiarity with medical billing procedures
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to thrive and adjust in a fast-paced environment
- Medical Assistant Certification or diploma.