FoodChain ID Group, Inc. Fairfield, IA
- Expired: 26 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The FoodChain ID Technology department is charged with developing the first of its kind comprehensive and integrated Food Technology platform in the industry. We aim to digitalize the process of food safety, certification, and food-related data services in an end-to-end unified, seamless, and frictionless process. This platform enables our customers to make complex decisions regarding food safety, new product development, managing food supply chains, and managing regulatory compliance with high speed and accuracy. We use the latest technologies and tools including AI and Machine Learning to provide our customers one of a kind solution.
The Data Architect is a critical and hands-on role in our Software Development Lifecycle. As FoodChainID (FCID) develops its cutting edge Supply Chain and Data Services Platforms, the Data Architect will develop a common data schemas across all our data platforms and help our applications speak a common data language. Further, the Food Industry has a vast opportunity and market to be tapped that works on common data rails and the Data Architect will be a driving force in defining and implementing that format.
The Data Architect will also work with the Corporate Applications team to help architect an MDM strategy for Corporate data such as Customers (CRM), Products (PLM/ERP), Projects, People (HR), and Finance/Accounting (ERP) data.
Role and Responsibilities
- Proactively work with Product Manager and Product Owner and client user stakeholder groups to develop a common data ontology, taxonomy, and lexicon for all FCID platforms.
- Design, implement, and manage shared data lakes of raw food industry data to be shared across FCID platforms using FCID's preferred ontology and taxonomy.
- Design, implement, and manage platform/application specific data warehouses and data-marts using FCID's preferred ontology and taxonomy.
- Work with each platform/application development team in building application logic and/or APIs to be compliant with FCID's preferred ontology and taxonomy.
- Excellent at the full data lifecycle across software environments from development through production
- Experienced with both structured and unstructured/no-sql database architecture and implementations
- Ability to lead other data engineers and DBAs to bring the FCID data lakes and warehouses together
- Excellent in communicating and building relationships with Business / P&L Owners, Product Managers, Product Owners, Application Architects and other internal/external stakeholders to understand their roadmap and customer/market requirements.
- Understands SDLC processes and jargon well enough to be an effective liaison Technical teams.
- Experienced in capturing data models, entity relationships, and metadata when required as part of the requirements.
- Experienced in various SDLC methodologies and associated pros/cons such as waterfall, iterative, agile, scrum, and their variants and how the database design and implementation process works/differs between these methodologies
- Has existing experience in the Food or similarly regulated or adjacent industry. Has ability to pick up new subject areas (ours is Food related) relatively quickly.
- Comfortable presenting to senior leaders and executives
- Prefer to see some certifications and training in formal Database design processes and methodologies
Overall 7-10 years combined experience in Database Engineering and Architecture
Required: Experience with
- Design of Database/schemas (5 years)
- Data Lake, Data Warehouse and Data Marts (3 y)
- Big data processing using Apache Spark (2 y)
- Master Data Management (MDM) design (1-3 years)
- PostgreSQL, Nosql database (1 y)
- Python (1 y)
- SQLServer and/or AzureDB (3-5 years)
- Dev & Production Database Administration, Tuning & Performance Optimisation, Backup, Restore, Change/environment propagation, DB Maintenance (3 years)
Nice to have
- Azure data stack: Data Factory, Databricks, Synapse Analytics, Analysis Services, PowerBI
- Experience with Master Data Management for Software Products as well as Corporate Data (Customers/CRM, Products/PLM/ERP, Projects/ERP, People/HR, Pricing)
Most positions with FCID operate in an office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
This is a sedentary role; however, some standing, bending, and lifting is required. This position is subject to lifting files and computer-related equipment (up to 25 lbs.), opening filing cabinets, and bending or standing as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Working Hours
Full-time positions require a minimum of 40 hours per week. Associates are expected to be available during “core” hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CDT. Some flexibility in hours is allowed and must be approved by your direct supervisor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
FoodChain ID, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Powered by JazzHR
FoodChain ID Group, Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at FoodChain ID Group, Inc.