Food for Thought seeks a skilled cook to execute multi course tasting meals for 3 – 12 guests as part of the event sales process.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Excellent timing for a la minute service of multi course tasting menus
- Exceptional plating and presentation skills with the ability to style plates/platters in an appealing fashion that will also be suited for high volume service
- Experience and knowledge of banquet service
- 3 years experience in high volume professional kitchen. Fine dining experience preferred.
- Ability and willingness to directly engage guests and “sell” the presented menu or offer reasonable substitutions and/or modifications to meet guest’s desired vision
- Responsible for the preparation of high quality food in a safe, sanitary, efficient and consistent manner
- Able to work in fast paced, high pressure work environment, while maintaining the organizational ability to identify and act on job duties quickly and effectively
- Able to work as a team in a dynamic work place
- Uses strong organization and communication skills to manage accurate and timely production and plating of food
- Maintains open line of communication between BOH, FOH & Sales teams
- Assists with general production as needed