Food for Thought seeks a skilled and motivated Cook II (Mid-Level Cook) to join the Catering Group’s Production/Prep Team.
What Does That Really Mean?
- Displays accelerated skills and leads by example in equipment use, sanitation, portion accuracy, labeling, food storage, complex recipe execution, product consistency, basic butchery, hot and cold sauce preparation·
- Accurately and efficiently produces for all hot station, butcher and hot sauce prep lists. Prepares all product in accordance with FFT standards or as specified by the Chef. [Prep Lists: Hot Garnish, Hot HDV, Hot Line, Hot Veg, Hot Starch, Hot Sauce, Cold Sauce)
- Is able to accurately and efficiently produce for all cold station prep lists. Prepares all product accordance FFT standards or as specified by the Chef. [Prep Lists: Wet pack, Dry Pack, Cold Garnish, Cold HDV) List actual duties knife skills, portion accuracy, label store properly, communicate to ask questions, assists with other lists as needed
- Visually inspects, selects and uses only food items of the highest quality in the preparation of all menu items
- Checks and controls the proper storage of product and portion control
- Works efficiently and maintains a clean orderly station
- Completes all opening and closing tasks
- Completes prep lists in allotted time frame
- Ensures all equipment in working areas is clean and in proper working condition
- Trains incoming production staff
- Assists with producing accurate inventory
- Minimizes waste. Distributes waste products properly (garbage, compost, recycling)
Are You THE ONE??
- All of the below at accelerated level
- Working knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking, kitchen equipment operation, safety and sanitation
- Mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Effective communication skills to collaborate with other team members
- Effective organizational skills to work in a fast-paced environment
- Basic level of leadership and management skills and ability to effectively mentor and train others
- Must provide valid Food Handler or Food Service Manager Certificate within 30 days of hire
If you answered YES to the final question, APPLY NOW! Your most fulfilling career move is just a click away!!
****PM Shift Transportation Benefit - FFT will cover ride share from and to the Howard Red Line station to make commuting easier for you! Inquire if you are interested****