Food for Thought seeks a skilled and motivated Cook I (Entry-Level Cook) to join the Prep Team.
What Does That Really Mean?
- Is able to accurately and efficiently produce (in high volume) for all cold station prep lists: Wet pack, Dry Pack, Cold Garnish, Cold HDV
- Exhibits proper knife skills, portion accuracy, labeling, storage and communication skills
- Visually inspects, selects and uses only food items of the highest quality in the preparation of all menu items
- Checks and controls the proper storage of product and portion control
- Works efficiently and maintains a clean orderly station
- Completes all opening and closing tasks
- Completes prep lists in allotted time frame
- Ensures all equipment in working areas is clean and in proper working condition
- Trains incoming production staff
- Minimizes waste. Distributes waste products properly (garbage, compost, recycling)
Are You THE ONE??
- Basic working knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking, kitchen equipment operation, safety and sanitation
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Effective communication skills to collaborate with other team members
- Effective organizational skills to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must provide valid Food Handler or Food Service Manager Certificate
If you answered YES to the final question, APPLY NOW! Your most fulfilling career move is just a click away!!